1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. ca raman

ca raman Timido

WANI
    TIGER LAND T A D O B A
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto Vibrate with Noise after Switching on AC

Dear All

Recently my punto giving little bit of problem:(, It starts vibrating and some unusual sound after switching on AC after few minutes same get stop for few min and again the same thing happen.

Service Centre is 150 Kms away, is there any solution at my level.
  2. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Dear all,

First of all thanks to bharat and fiatlover.....

Again need some advise:

1) there was this service camp last weekend and I had taken my car there. They voluntarily changed rear suspension spring rubber pads. Both were badly worn. After the new one has been installed, the ride seems bumpy(psychological?) and each time I go over bumps, albeit at very low speed, there is a "fok" sound from the rear. No scrapes, thuds or whatever, just the sound. This was absent earlier.

2) i have this persistent rattle, (which seems to emanate from the opposite direction, irrespective of which seat I am seated while trying to pinpoint). It is audible with ac on and windows rolled up. At idling, this vanishes at 1000 rpm onwards, if I press the accelerator. During normal driving it does not go. BUT, today I discovered that if I engage the handbrake more than the 3 notches I normally do, (say 5) the car becomes absolutely silent. No idling rattle at all. What do I need to get checked?

Best regards,

Simple glue will not work. You have to first put a layer of cloth (old cotton saree strip) to the plastic after cleaning it. Fix the strip of cloth first to the lamp plastic with ELFY/Superglue. You need to study the lamp and decide where to put the cloth such that it gets maximum surface area to adhere. You have to use 2-3 folds of the cloth for strength. Then you have to scrape the bumper inner surface with 120 emery to get rid of all muc and dirt and oil. Then douse the upper cloth surface you just prepared with ELFY, take care it doesn't touch your hand. Then, you have to align it to the bumper and keep it pressed against the surface for 30-40 seconds with significant force. It should stay. It is there like this in my car for last several months!
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks mate, i'll surely try it and let you know. Thats a blip i want to do away with soon on my otherwise gorgeous Punto.[/B]
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  4. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I had a problem when switching on the AC, the vibration levels were well above normal.
    I had a chat with the SA at the service center on this issue and he was reluctant to do a check by saying this is absolutely normal.
    Finally a friendly mechanic resolved the issue by tightening the bolts which hold the fan, and peace of mind after that.
  5. Is there any way to reduce the Wind noise created by the Wing ORVMs.
  6. ca raman

ca raman Timido

WANI
    TIGER LAND T A D O B A
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Issue solved! :p Just clean the A C Fan with Spray of Water.
    1 person likes this.
  7. arunfbtr

arunfbtr Timido

kalpakkam
    dear dhans...i too had the same sound/pbm bfore the 3rd service...after changing to new wipers also the same pbm/sound
    continues...
    let our fiatians friends suggests good ideas...
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The SA pointed out that my front right rim is Little bend on my recent visit to get front shockers replaced.Even I could see uneven spin on the ramp.It was Sunday and there was no alignment and tire guy present so I thought of getting alignment and rim changing thingi from outside.I got it checked from my regular alignment guy. There was no issues with alignment.According to him no issues with the little bend rim also as the problem with be felt only at speed above 120Kmph. I dont know but I feel little wobble at low speed.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My driver side viper judders (vibrates)from the right end only.Will try cleaning with the glass cleaner using newspaper.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  10. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hi ,

Many thanks for the inputs guys . I did balancing done from another shop yesterday and the steering wobbling/vibration has gone completely . I was surprised to feel the difference . Driving a Punto with no steering vibration at high speeds is so much of fun , feels really good :)