1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    I had a irritating dashboard noise for past 10months that got resolved when i left my car for cooling coil replacement. They opened the dashboard and replaced the coil.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I had four different rattles. One was a loose glove box lock which they fixed today and the rattles are gone. Second was a rattles from A Pillar which seems to have reduced to almost not noticeable. Third is above the instrument cluster and it is still there. I will need to check for loose screws or something there. Fourth is actually the driver's door and I want to open the panel and get inside as it has been there since I got the car delivered. Fiat service did manage o make it go away for a good 6 months but it is back now.

changing to softer tires did not help much as I switched from GT3 to Michellin PLC.
    They also replaced both front suspensions under warranty today so the ride quality is much better. The earlier suspension was too hard and everything used to rattle, which is why I requested them to change it.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    AC Compressor noise resurfaced again

Hi ,

I some months back got the A/C Compressor replaced at FASS since it was making noise. They took somewhat 5 days to repair the compressor . Now again the noise has started and I cant afford to give them the car for 5 more days . Can I ask for a replacement now or I would have to go for repair work in Extended Warranty . The cost of compressor is around 22k , so I don't think they will be replacing the compressor in Extended warranty . Any suggestions guys ?
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  4. Suraj Dhillon

Suraj Dhillon Novizio

amritsar
    My condenser was changed in extended warranty, but they took time for survey .
  5. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    Slight noise in my Linea windows / doors.
    This time its more like the windows with a lil screach noise in bumpy areas.
    For a new car its really shocking that one noise offset leads to anothers onset.
    The last time I mentioned about the noise from the rear, it turned out to be a minor spot welding issue which has been taken care of.
    Its a pain going to FASS over and over again just to get this minor issue resolved.
    Ne suggestions on this window based issue ????
  6. eagle_bush

eagle_bush

Hyderabad
    I finally figured out the noise. It was actually the Front elastic pads that made this noise. I t was so close to the dash that I mistook it to be a rattle from somewhere inside. Got the pads replaced. All is well now.
    2 people like this.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Can you post any pictures - where are these elastic pads exactly?
  8. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    I have this 2012 1.2 Dynamic. Recently, while going over speedbumps, any size, at very low speed, there is a delayed squeak from the front right area. Somtimes it feels like from under the steering, sometimes from suspension setup, but not able to pin point. Is not audible if CD is playing. The intriguinfg part is the squeak does not happen immediately, but say a fraction of a second after the bump has been crossed, like a "travelling wave": i.e the sound happens after the mechanical event. The delay is clearly perceptible after the front wheel crosses the bump and happens each time. Will take to the ASS but what exactly might it be?
  9. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    ^^ bro pls chk with FASS. I think you might need to replace the shocks. There is a delay in the shock movement.
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Do you have the old mud flaps or the absolute edition mud flaps? If it is the old mud flaps, just remove them from both sides and then do a test drive. It can be the noise of mud flaps rubbing the speed breaker while climbing down.
    This is just one possibility.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    2 people like this.