1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. eagle_bush

eagle_bush

Hyderabad
    Can you post a picture of the location? I have an annoying tak tak noise from thr front left side of the dash. No luck in finding the source yet :(
    1 person likes this.
  2. Just my 2 paisa, Dash board rattles will subside to great extent if you move to softer compound tires.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Guys, does the Suspension require any kind of preventive maintenance?

The stock suspensions on my GP have done 54K kms and i have never faced any problems whatsoever so far, while i have been reading here that almost everyone has got atleast the elastic pads replaced at this age of the car due to some problem or the other.

Given this is the most beaten up part of the whole car, i was wondering if i need to get some preventive maintenance done? Or should i follow the "Don't fix what ain't broken" policy with this one?
  4. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    ^^ Never :rage.. Thats best preventive maintenance. Pardon me if its a bad joke..
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1,
    You are creating problem yourselves anna. :) in that Hyd is suffering from only one service centre.

Well,one should appreciate your kindness in driving 54K Kms not a single suspension issues. Kudos... :clap

Kisiki nazar na lagae. :D
    1 person likes this.
  6. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    eagle, in my case it was from the right side instrument cluster.
    There are 2 screws which hold the Instrument cluster glass. You cannot see it easily, its on the top side of the glass.
    If your rattles are from the left side, The Glove box hinges or locks could be a causing those.

Let somebody drive your car the same manner you drive, and take the co drivers seat and find the source. That's the easiest way out.
  7. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    I am also facing this Dash board rattles, rattles on all doors and just above rear passenger seat (in top there is a button type thing. i tried to push that button tightly, then noise is disappeared.) I am planning to visit RDC this Monday. I hope, RDC will fix it.</SPAN>
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Vokey Anna, Noted! Will not fiddle with it then.

Well, talking about the life of the suspensions. The few long drives that i did were all on good to excellent roads and my daily 90 Km travel is half thru the city outskirts and the other half on the Hyderabadi Autobahn (ORR) so, damage is minimal there too. I don't think my absolutely "sane" driving should get any credits here.

And Yes, i have to start planning strategies to get the next scheduled service done in the next 3-4K kms. I expect it to be a smooth enough experience given that i forget office and stay back at the SC all day like i did for all previous services. I share good rapport with all the Jokers there so passing time should not be a major issue.
    1 person likes this.
  9. My Punto makes a hissing noise whenever the front wheels go over a speed breaker. The noise is audible only when the windows are down. I don't remember any such sounds earlier or may be I failed to notice. Is this normal ????
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Srida, it is normal. It is the hydraulic compression sound of the struts. Wind up your windows and drive!!

Abdul
    3 people like this.