1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    thanks Cubbie.
    So what exactly or who exactly do I need to write to in Pune ?
    coz in summers (Delhi -NCR ) it aint possible to have windows rolled down.
    And for me, I like vehicles noiseless and free from problems.( may call it being finicky)

Help appreciated.

I just visited the outlet in Kashyap to see what the error is since i gave in my vehicle in the morning.
    They hv ripped down the rear parcel, seat and in phase of pulling down the roof now.
    The denter says there is some nut/bolt loose issue in the roof/ceiling which is causing the issue.

I just hope the irritating noise goes and I can enjoy my peaceful drive:car
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Dashboard Rattles

Guys - Is there a way to open up the entire dashboard to check what is causing the rattles? It is difficult to reproduce all the various rattles in different spots when taking the car to Fiat Service Center. I wish I could get under it and use some double sided tape to fill any gaps or any loose parts.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Relativity,

Yes. One can open the complete dashboard but i dont think its DIY job.
    You have to go to FASS for that. I doubt their competency to solve your complain of rattles in your DashBoard. But I am sure that they will give surprise gift by adding couple of rattles in the same dashboard.

Recently they had opened my car's Dashboard to replace the cooling coil. Ever since I feel there is some little rattle in the dashboard which was not there prior to cooling coil replacement.
    FASS mechanics tried 4 times to open it and find the solution for it.
    After taking 4 trial runs to check whether its still there or gone.. Even I was super tired in 44*C of temperature of Ahmedabad at that time.
    I accepted to live with it as I dint see any other way out and rattle noise was too low.

Still you can take a try FASS of chennai if you feel like...

Cheers... :up

Neel
    2 people like this.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks for the detailed info Naughty. Looks like its not as easy as I thought it is. Let me think it through.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    First make sure if the rattle is really coming from the Dash and think about the next course of action.

I was getting a strange vibration noise from the Dash for the last couple of weeks. Finally I found the reason yesterday. It was actually the Fiat Keychain which was making that noise. :)
  6. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I also had this rattle from dashboard. Issue was narrowed down to the screws on the top of the console glass have gone loose and making the noise.
    You can hold the screws with your fingers firmly and see if thats the reason for the rattle..Many others have also faced same problem.
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    brake pedal squeaking

I noticed that upon release of brake i hear a squeaking noise .
    Is there any lubrication needed or is it something more serious?
    I've not found any drop in braking efficiency
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I used to hear this noise on release of brake pedal quite often when I had changed the tyres for a month or so. nowadays it comes rarely!! it was more like a whistle like air is leaking from somewhere. some people told me that this kind of noise is normal so i ignored it..
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Re: brake pedal squeaking

I had a similar issue last Dec. The issue was resolved by setting the hand brake (some geared teeth in the rear hub) and cleaning the brake drum. The technician told me that it is usually done in 3rd servicing and every 30k kms. They haven't done the same in the 3rd service, which actually was done for my car the previous day.

Hope this would resolve the issue in your case too.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm i'm well past 30K and nothing like that was done to my car.
    Yeah you can probably call mine as a whistle as well . I initially thought it could be an issue with lubrication but thanks to watching a lot of movies i started having fear that there was nut that had come loose and i would soon lose braking!! :D