1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I hear a vibration from left read door when closing. The noise comes along with the usual "thud" sound of door closing. This started after painting of the door during which the door pad was removed. TASS said this cannot be reduced.

Any hints what could be wrong?

Also after water washing there is a squeak noise when braking for few meters. The brake pads were recently changed during service.
  2. RSJ

RSJ

Batala
    Whisling sound from Linea Emotion 2012

Hi fellow Fiat owners,

The problem actually dates back to Mid March when we five (and about 30-40kg weight in the boot), were traveling in my Linea bought in Feb 2012 when suddenly while trying to overtake another car my Linea just refused to go above 1900-2000 rpm and about 88-90 speed no matter how hard I pressed the accelerator.Next day car was not loaded and same problem did not happen.
    Then again after a week same problem resurfaced when car was fully loaded with five adults and two kids. There was "Check Engine" indicator on as well this time around.

I took my car to Dada fiat Ludhiana electrician who examined my car and told me that the problem is with some "clutch fuel valve" which he replaced. While coming back next day with again fully loaded car the problem did not happen though at one time I thought the car is slow to pick up.It happened for very short time and I could not pin point whether its same problem or just that characteristics of all Fiat car which we all know(slow pick up during 1st two gear). Since then I have been driving the car alone and could not check again with fully loaded car.

Now for the last few days i can hear whistling sound from the car which I believe comes from front.the sound increases with rpm and is present in almost all gears more so in 1st three three gears. Also its not possible to hear sound in high gears as the and engine road noise increases.

Need your help guys till I have the time to take my car to fiat work in couple of weeks time. BTW the car has run almost 18K km.
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Get the turbo pipes checked for leakage.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Check turbo plumbing leakage and the primary fuel pump (not the common rail pump).
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Whistling sound with pick up loss, black smoke is signs of Turbo bearing issues.Get it done asap its expensive part.
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  6. RSJ

RSJ

Batala
    omg.....I should be heading to Fiat workshop on Monday. Thank God I have extended warranty till 5yr for my Linea!! I have not noticed black smoke though but will check it today.

Thanks guys for your suggestion.

Also could those two issues I listed above are co related?
  7. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Suspension noise came back haunting again. This time it was RHS. The noise was terrible when going through pot holes and rough patches. Car swayed on RHS. Steering had loads of unanticipated movements and wobbles. Accelerating and changing gears used to give "THUNK" kind of noise. Engine used to roar after 2k rpm so much so that auto guys used to give me way without me honking thinking something is going to burst :) [Though this part I actually enjoyed ;)]

I took car to Balaji Thane. I was suspecting strut pads which was confirmed but they said even shocker has given up. Luckily both parts were available instantly and I told them to just get my stuff done on priority. They finished the job in couple of hours. Suspension noise now gone with 4k bucks from my pocket :)
  8. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Similar problem in 2012 1.2 Dynamic

Even mine was making this sound. I fixed it myself with an allen key. There are two hex head screws on the left and right of the panel. Thanks to this forum! :clapThey had to be tightened quite a bit, and the screws were actually cutting into the plastic. There was no metal screw insert in the plastic. Hence, there was no definitive "thread stop" that I could feel! It is bound to resume after few months or after an extreme weather/season cycle, when the screw/plastic expands and contracts at unequal rates.
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  9. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    I have a Linea MJD 2012(Dec)
    The car has done 3800km and there is an irritating noise ( as if something like a nut..etc rubbing against the plastic sheet)
    very irritating esp with the windows rolled up and no music.
    I visited Kashyap Motors in Okhla phase 3 and they couldnt rectify the problem.
    They literally removed the rear seat, removed the carpet in boot area and took the car out for test drive.
    I was twice assured that the sound has gone, but to my surprise it still persists.
    I can simply ignore the sound and drive but the noise is just too irritating to ignore.

Today ( 5th June'13) I have once again given the car for the same issue (I'd given it on 4th June earlier)

One thing I faced at Kashyap Fiat - Okhla
    There is one service advisor - Jeevan ( the guy seems to be p****d off even to take the car in - this is on day 1 (4th June)
    in the evening when i approached to get my gate pass, once again I had to approach Jeevan.
    He was literally shouting at the service advisor - "Negi"(this guy's on floor service advisor, there r 3 NEGI's in Kashyap)
    telling him to go ahead and issue a Gate Pass. (only abriefed version of the whole incident)
    :mad: $%^%&^&***%$#
    In a way, the customer needs to hear all this personal conversation esp when the gate pass needs to be issued.

Neways I need help if any of you has had this strange noise between the rear parcel shelf and the rear left door area of the Linea
    the Denter in Kashyap seems to be irritated as well since he hasnt been able to solve this issue and there are other vehicles that need him (denting n stuff)

Overall its a bad experience at Kashyap Okhla.
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    @manishgarg, some2012 model had issues with spot welding.

I have experienced the issue you mentioned in my Linea as well, was told its parcel tray and nothing much can be done. It doesnt bother metoo much as i keep the music on and hence dont notice it all the time., may be in my case the leather seat covers is rubbing against parcel tray and fiat might not be able to fix it.

also, read this ona thread, its a pain to get the spot welding corrected, Engineer from Pune was allocated to get this sorted! But if you really feel this needs escalation to FIAT, start writing to them.