1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Update: I and Parantap did manage to pick ourselves up early on Saturday morning and took the long and arduous journey to Kashyap Noida. Unfortunately, neither Mr Sharma nor Rafiq (his right hand man when it comes to diagnosis) were available for different personal reasons. I left the car with them since I had to attend an official engagement in Noida. Came back around 3 pm and found that all they had done was swap the right sided tyres to left and vice versa after balancing them again (they did that two weeks ago as well). Car was out for a TD at that time and once it returned, I was told that the vibrations are not there now.

I knew nothing much would happen today since the main protagonists were not available, so decided to get the job card closed and leave. Forgot to mention, the Jet had been rear ended by an Alto last week which resulted in a slight misalignment of the rear bumper, which was also fixed while I was away. The stupid Alto was left with a damaged bonnet and dislodged front bumper as a result, while the mighty Jet made it with a minor repair job (misaligned rear bumper, partly broken chrome strip on one side - pasted back using some feviquick for now, and some minor scratches) - Thank you Fiat!!

I did find that the vibrations had reduced substantially (well maybe I am nitpicking when I say that). Will drive around a little more before I comment back.
  2. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I have clocked 4.5K Kms on my Linea MJD and after reading this thread I paid more attention to my steering vibrations in today's high way driver. I notice vib around 100 KM/hr, and it fades away by 120, but for me it felt like steering feedback, not sure if I got it wrong.
  3. macky

macky Amatore

steering feedback is the feedback from the road transmitted through the steering wheel, and definitely its not the lateral movement that you are talking about.
    Any lateral movement is steering vibration
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I had the exact same issue in my Linea. For sometime, I used to fell vibrations between the speed range of 120 kmph to 130/135 kmph. Any speed below this or above this, the car would sail super smooth. It was long back and I don't remember how it was cured any thing out of --> Tyres/ treads, Link rods, struts (it was definitely not alignment or balancing, either tyres or some parts were changed)
  5. Sreejith

Sreejith Timido

Trivandrum
    Hi all,
    I have 2012 linea which is 6 months old. Severe rattling arose from my front left door and rear(source unknown) last month. I took my car for general 6 month check up to Mohandas Motors and reported the issue to the service adviser. He informed me that its a common problem with 2012 linea and is a spot welding issue. Since there is no skilled worker for doing the job he asked me to wait for 2 months. I took back the vehicle and send a mail to fiat india on the same day. I got a call from fiat next day and they informed me that they will take up the issue with Mohandas motors. After 5min i got a call from some guy from the workshop and informed that he will discuss the issue with works manager and contact me. After 2 days the works manager called me and asked to bring the vehicle there. I took the vehicle to service station and met him in person. He said that they have send a guy to bangalore for training to fix the issue and he is back. He asked me to leave the vehicle for two days. I left my car there and called him after 2 days. He informed that the whole car is ripped down and each spot welding is being inspected so as to avoid any further sound in future. Atlast the whole work was completed in exactly 10 days. Now i am happy that my car is silent and i am not getting any irritating noises.

Even after my problem has been rectified i am wondering how come a guy get trained in bangalore when fiat plant is in Pune. I am also very happy that Fiat india has looked into the matter quickly and even they called me thrice to inform me the status of work from the service center (even though i know about it from works manager)
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got my 2012 Punto's left front door rattle issue resolved at Aadya through Mr.Ranganath (body shop manager). After which have heard few Tfians and non Tfians as well getting their issue resolved with him. On a lighter note, did they send the technician to Aadya Blore for training, because by now Aadya would have handled good number of cases :D
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Rattling noise from the left front door

@Punto_emotion sadly, I bought the car from Aadya and went to their body shop to get the same left front door rattling issue and they failed to fix it.

Since then, am living with it :p

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I think normal vibrations are part an parcel with Linea.It may be some design flaws in rack, column, pads.Can worn out shockers also cause vibrations.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Did you contact Ranganath of body shop? Everyone were thinking mine also would be case of welding joint issue. But, Ranganath helped in identifying the exact issue. It turned out be a case of door lock misalignment.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Rattling noise from the left front door

@Punto_emotion yes, after I read your post the very next day I took my car to Mr.Ranganathan, he was very kind and helpful.

He tried hard to diagnose the issue and fix it. But still failed.

I shall check at Vecto sometime when I find time and see if it can be fixed :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2