1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I had the Same problem in my MJD.
    I had to rotate the tyres and tried N number of permutation and combinations to get over this issue.
  2. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Hi Kapoor,

There could be 2 possibilities that I can assume here since you are confident that the alignment and balancing are perfect!

1. Is it happening when you brake at these speeds or is it happening only when you accelerate at the above mentioned speed?
    If your answer is 'When you brake' then this could be brake stuttering, get the discs also checked but if you say it only while you accelerate then check carefully if any of your alloys/rims have been bent.

2. The next possibility could be problem with the link rod, get that checked

Do let us know what happened once you get this fixed.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    First up, thank you gents for your time and inputs. Here goes my take on your points:

Yes the first thing tried will be a swap with another Linea. Happened with me recently, Autolinks Vasant Kunj gave back my Jet with loose nuts, and the car started behaving as if everything was falling apart. Couldn't figure out and called the RSA to tow the car to Kashyap. Even they couldn't figure out the cause and were taking out the car for a TD. Suddenly another mechanic came shouting behind us and said the tyre (front left) is about to come off. Narrow escape I tell you!! I felt like killing Autolinks for this but they are gone for good now.

All values were exactly at zero after applying the weights.

I thought the same about the road surface. There is just one stretch in my daily commute where the Jet gets even close to 80 kmph (Gurgaon - Faridabad Toll Road). To clear this up, I took the Punto to work for a whole week and none of the vibrations were there. Conclusion - something is wrong with the Jet.

Do not delay the trip. You can go to a reputed tyre shop for WA/WB in the meantime. Kashyap is now operating at Noida as well as Okhla.

No uneven wear noticed on any of the tyres. Jet has now run close to 10k.

Goodyear NCT5 are the stock tyres.

Hmmm! Did you swap them in a cross manner as well? Left to right and vice versa. I guess I'm gonna end up trying this if nothing else works.

1. No issues on braking. Discs/pads are fairly new (and working fine - thoroughly checked last week) as they were changed under warranty at 5k service. Had developed issues from the early days (2k km onwards) and I changed them at the 5k service after coming back from a long trip to Chamba, HP.

2. I'll ask the Kashyap folks to check this. Thanks!

I guess it will be another long and hard day at Kashyap this Saturday. Hope to come back with the issue sorted. Wish me luck!
  4. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Guys! stop getting worried.

This noise is not due to any strutts or not even a suspension issue, the noise is from the coil spring when it touches the base of the spring, there is a supporting metal pad just below the coil and when the coil is in action while it stretches and compresses it touches the base and this noise happens.

SOLUTION: Tell the service guys to add a thin soft rubber between the coil spring and the metal base.

I had this problem after 5 months I got my car and it was sorted.
    1 person likes this.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Even I face vibrations around 90-100 kmph. Not sure what it is but appears similar to what you guys face. I had even replaced tyres with Michelin PLC but it did not help

@nkapoor and @parantap - lets plan a short meet up so that we can compare the behavior of TJets
  6. macky

macky Amatore

Guys, I though i was the only one facing this issue!!, but looks like there are many more!!, this vibration is persistant in the 90-110KMPH range and disappears before and after that. There is no problem with the wheels or the balance and this actually take away all the pleasure of riding!!
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    In for a short meet. Have a few minor issues which need to sorted at FASS also but I am dreading the drive from Gurgaon to Noida :(
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Guys, lets meet up for a short while this week. I'm ok with either lunch time or evening on a workday.
  9. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Can we meet on the weekend , and then head on to the service center if required ?

In the meantime I will probably get WA/WB checked to rule it out.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Kapoor sahab, I will confirm if weekday is possible

Parantap, will update you too - do PM your contact