1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yup.The cluster glass is pretty much fine.I think the culprit is somewhere inside that i couldnt make out.I think no one persisting the same problem got a satisfactory daignosis and solution by the service guys till now.Since the sound is coming from inside the console its difficult to interpret and finding the solution.:(
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    that might be some different issue, you need to check it with FASS or TASS
  3. vishnuramachandran

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hoping that they can rectify it.
  4. Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. vishnuramachandran

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I hope u have read my thread from the beginning.This noise comes from the das instrument cluster some where inside.If the problem is Power steering hose situated relatively far(inside the bonnet) from the dash,Do you think that power steering rattle or what ever will be audible inside the cabin?
  6. Yes Sir, Even I had responded to this thread long back twice, once when the the problem started and later when noise became very an irritation. Power steering hose was the culprit, in the process I had entire meter assembly and reset of the stuff checked by TASS as well as trusted mechanic.

Engine bay noise can be heard inside the cabin as firewall doesn't filter all the noise efficiently.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I had the same problem when i got my car. The glass on the speedo console was the culprit..

when ever i applied pressure on the glass the noise stopped.. there are two screws on the top of the glass panel. try to unscrew a little and screw them pack.. and the noise was gone..

Hope this helps..
  8. it may be the case similar noise but different sources, what worked for me may not work for you.
  9. vishnuramachandran

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you so much for your inputs and information's:).Hoping to rectify during my 15K service and will get back to you.
  10. vishnuramachandran

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Done with a check by myself.The hose from the power steering tank seems to be tight and okay!