1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

no it comes only from the right window and i do not agree that it is the orvm which is causing the noise. there is no noise from left. this is some fault which every fiat has.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

It comes from both front windows.
    You can ask the ASS to remove the side ORVMS and go for a testdrive you wont hear any noise.
  3. racingkid

racingkid

New Delhi

I too is facing this problem. I think it may be broken due to broken rt fog light or due to under wheel arch broken plastic in my case. I will try to get it fixed when i visit TASS.
  4. HELP: Noise from front right wheel

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing some noise coming from front right wheel, whenever i run through a speedbreaker (speed less than 5 km/h). When i steer slightly towards right it feels hard as i have to apply a little bit of force. Steering left is smooth and free. When i am driving on incline and speed up (more than 90-100) and takes my foot off the Accelaration peddle i feel some shakes in steering wheel. When i keep on increasing the speed it remains stable. This morning i applied the brakes on incline surface and heard this "kach-kach" noise coming from brakes (like an old car). Alignment and wheels balancing has been done twice already from Elegant motors.

Need your inputs on what needs to be checked for that noise and hardness. i m worried as its not even a month old. ::pP

:anyone
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Re: HELP: Noise from front right wheel

Have you hit a pothole at high speed recently.....if you have ...... any of below mentioned 4 things might have happened.....

1. You have a flat tyre....go to the puncture shop and get it repaired.

2. Your front wheel is bent..... you should take your ca to a professional wheel alignment workshop...and they will streighten your wheel....also get the whel alignment and balancing done. you may end up shelling anywhere between 400 to 700 rupees....depending upon the damage to the wheel....

2. Camber is out.... in this case don't wait for too long...take your car to the alignment workshop...get wheel alignment and balancing along with Camber adjustment....if you have not damaged the shocker beyond camber adjustment range.... you will have to shell out not more than 1000 Rupees to get this done...

3. Worst case.....you have damaged your Shocker beyond repair.....in this case you will have to get the shocker replaced from Fiat Workshop.....and you may end up shelling upwards of 5000 Rupees.

These are the only issues tat can cause the problems you have stated above.
  6. Re: HELP: Noise from front right wheel

Hey viveksonkhla,

Thnx for quick response. I have not hit any potholes at high speed. Second of all the alignment has been done twice. I need to check the chamber adjustment and also the shocker. How come this has not been noticed by Elegant motors as i have taken my car twice there already. But will keep those things in mind whenever i go to the service station. Can you also elaborate on what are the symptoms of damaged shocker and will it be covered under the warranty i mean its not even a month old.
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

@Karan,

Provide some more details .....of what actually happens when you drive the car at different speeds.....and also tell me at what speed do these symptoms appear.

In detail
  8. Re: HELP: Noise from front right wheel

--When i drive @ 100-120 stable steering-but bit hard to steer right
    --when driving @ 120-160 steer shakes a bit when i take my foot off the accelaration. If i keep on increasing the speed. it becomes stable (Mostly on incline surface- Gurgaon-Delhi NH8)
    --When i run through a speedbreaker (remember less than 5 km/s) some weird noise from front right wheel (noticed this noise 3 to 4 time) not always
    --When i apply brakes on incline and when car actually stops then i hear this noise for only 1 sec (comes from right wheel)
  9. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

How many KM have you done on your car?
  10. Re: HELP: Noise from front right wheel

1500 + Bought on Dec 16 2010