1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Not necessarily. May be thorough cleaning of the rear drums will resolve the issue, if the noise is coming from the rear. Where did you get it serviced?
    7k is too early to replace the brake pads. They cost around Rs.2.8-3k.
  2. oliveshades

oliveshades

Bangalore
    I think the sound is coming from front side (its a kind of flight landing sound), i did the cleaning only for front pads.. i get serviced from bangalore (free service from KHT motors, and pad cleaning from prerana motors) i dont know weather this problem will fix while doing the rear drums cleaning.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

you had a worn out brake pads after 11000kms??
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, it did. I think the first batch of Puntos had brake pads made of softer material that was rearing out quite fast. The second one lasted for around 15k kms. 15k may be still too early, but more than 80% of my usage is in city. That may have added to it.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Suspension noise fixed :)
    The issue was with a worn out struct bearing, now my point has the new bearing assembly present in the '11-'12 batch points..
    I'm quite happy now as its resolved most of my krring krring noises .. The car feels more taut now..
    Details will be put up shortly on my ownership thread. (Off to a meeting)
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

that's indeed good news. If you have worn out bearings, can you manage to post pics.
  7. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ur problems rectified?iam persisting with the same issues.Planning to rectify during my 15K service in fiat exclusive showroom.Hope those guys can diagnose faster.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ODO cluster glass might have got loosen.You can do it at home.
    on top of the cluster glass you can find a screw.
  9. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its sure that the clatter is from inside.ODO cluster glass is completely fine.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    when the clatter sounds did you checked it by pressing lightly the cluster glass to get rid off the sound ?