1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Recently i've begun to notice spring noise from suspension from the front whenever i go over humps..
    Its the kind of noise that one hears when the springs get compressed , that "Krrrinnng" noise.
    Is it normal or something i should worry about?
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Why the worry? get it checked at your leisure :) Shouldn't be a major problem. I had a similar noise and seems that link rod is an issue for me.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

These weird chinn, channn, choooo, krrrr, frrrr will go when you get your cash wash in details from beneath, i always do that, It's that serious!! Having said that, not every sound from suspension is rubbish, the driver should immediately know if it is not driving like any other day.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i have no problems with dynamics. Its only this noise that is annoying me now.
    I"m not sure if its a link rod issue either because i got them changed very early on itself and a link rod issue would generate a different sound anyway
  5. msvg

msvg

Bangalore / USA
    Its been like a year and 15000 kms on my Fiat Punto MJD 1.3 Emotion , the suspension is not that great anymore.
    I feel each and every slightest thing on the road and that translates to complete car,is this the way its supposed to be ?
    The rear of the car not any more high or tall enough as when i had bought it last year.
    I felt POLO has better suspension,please advice ...should i go in for suspension replacement ? or should i ask FIAT to fix this ?
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    do one small exercise ,go to the service station or wheel alignment shop and ask them to put a jack on front wheels and lift the car from the ground and check if tires can be moved i.e. if you can find any play.if everything is fine then definitely there might be something to do with the shock-abs.

ball_joint.jpg
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Like i said if you don't feel any unusual with dynamics, trust yourself & don't do any dedicated TASS visit. All they will do is lube the bushes & the sound will go for sometime. I have done 2-3 months back but there is a problem with this. Bushes never cause problems until dust sticks to it. Applying a lot of grease around & oiling will cause a lot of dirt stick around the bushes permanently which may get into joints in long term scenario & that's it!For now, You should have it washed & cleaned from beneath in detail, get a little bit of diesel spray (hardly 200-300 ml) with the compressed air on springs & suspensions etc. etc. That will be minimum but enough lubrication to remove this krrrr .. krrr. Pls note that a little bit of rusting also can make such sound. I am havng same kinda sound from front now but not audible from inside. We had a heavy rainfall last month & it has been driven a lot regardless of where & what conditions! I know why it is happening & will do exactly the same what i told you.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  8. oliveshades

oliveshades

Bangalore
    @fiatlover, i am also facing the same issue, my fiat linea has just over 7000 km now, and the noise is started from 5000km, i consulted with fiat technician he said the break pad life is still there so no need to replace it also he did the break pad cleaning, but unfortunately the sound is still there.

Any solution... please
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    None of the TASS/ASS could give a permanent solution. Cleaning the brake pads gave only temporary relief. It continued to exist until I replaced the brake pads at around 25000 kms, which means I lived with the noise for some 6k+ kms. May be they cleaned the rear drums too during fourth service. Anyways, that noise is not there anymore.
  10. oliveshades

oliveshades

Bangalore
    So you mean the permanent solution is changing the break pads is it? do you have any idea about the costing part for the new break pads?