1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep, but it's impossible to do it by yourself. Don't know the size but it was a big spanner that TASS guy came up with. To apply the min. force to open those bolts, it has to be lifted up. TASS took so long with lots of hanging, bending & many other weird postures that i went out to smoke a cigarette instead. I started having discussion with one T-Jet owner outside who came for 1st service just after 1500 KMs in an ownership time of around 2 yrs. He went abroad actually due to a sudden project & never came back in between. We discussed Tjet in length & i had a test drive because he asked me to experience it's full blast. How can i miss that!!

When i came back, the TASS guy was smiling with a bandage on his right hand but with a pride of accompalisment that would put Mission Imp. characters to shame. Unfortunately the spanner slipped & he damaged his index finger with lot of bleeding. Don't try it by yourself, you won't succeed. You have no option but take it to TASS & watch TASS guys making those weird body postures in front of you:ugeek:. Good luck!
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. Sam

Sam Amatore

Finally I think I got freedom from the suspension noise as well. I got the 3rd service done for my car and told them to thoroughly check everything linked to suspensions and they found some serious issues with the LHS shocker, bushes and elastic pads. They replaced following under warranty. TCRS Worli impressed me again :) IMG_20130223_215029_1.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

No buddy i never intended to open the mounting as i know its tiring and maddening and i would rather spend some money to get it done.
    What i meant was some rubber padding above the springs as Gurjinder pointed out could be culprit.I also tried beending in all positions to get a better view of those pads and spraying some WD 40 on it the but failed all time.Need to do some bending flexi exercises before accomplishing the mission or may be new GC for my linea.Only mode left is, if want to do it myself I have to sleep under the vehcile like a mechnic to do the greasing work but have seen some women laughing when I try to do so immediately abandoned the work. But still is left with KIDDA to do it myself.
    Lets see if am able to do and success of the same.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

There shouldn't be any charges at all if vehicle is in warrantee else you could be charged slight labor. This issue seems to be common among FIATs, could be the kind of rubber. I won't advise you go for a suspension change till you are not sure that it's gone faulty (even if TASS is replacing under warrantee). My view, a car holds together better if is kept unscrewed in areas like suspension-steering etc. as long as possible. The noise could be irritating though but nothing to worry.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    after left suspension(changed with new one) now sound started from with right suspension, when checked, found that lower ball joint have gone kaput,now this needs a replacement.one can feel this while steering the wheel towards right or left.

All about ball joints :- http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/maintenance/1888732
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  6. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Linea Front Suspension Noise & Solution

My 2009 Linea MJD Emotion covered 54k km. From 40k km I could hear some abnormal noise from the Front LH Suspension when ever I drive over road patches or small potholes. Magnitude started increasing day-by-day.

During 45k service we suspected Link Rod being the culprit and changed both LH & RH link rods. Noise reduced a bit.
    In 50k km noise started again. I suspected the elastic pads, bit could not open the suspension for past 2 months as I was mostly out of station or bundled with heavy work.

Last weekend taken the car to my regular mechanic and removed the LH strut assembly.
    On removing we found that the strut to body mounting hole dia is bit larger than required.

Explored the whole garage and found some plastic washers (mechanic said it is used in some car gear lever mounting or gear shift cable)
    Inserted the washer in hole and its perfect. Grease packed the elastic pads, fitted back the assembly and went for a short TD in bad roads, to my surprise noise disappeared.:)

Total cost: 1200 INR (Including wheel alignment, water wash, interior cleaning, all fluid top-up, front LH brake cleaning, labor)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

So any body can let me what r these bushes and buffer at the rear suspension which non of the dealer possess here in Bombay.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

There are replaceable bushes in the rear so-called "dead axle" / torsion beam.

No idea what the buffer is.
  9. sandeep_p

sandeep_p Timido

I was having similar issue with my Linea car for past 6 months. This time I went for servicing the car to the newly opened Balaji Auto world in Thane to fix this. The service advisor quickly acknowledged the issue with mild smile and said 'Don't worry. Thi ko jayaga'. And in fact the issue is fixed. I do not hear any rattling noise now. I don't know what was the issue as the service advisor was on leave on the day I collected my car. Will try understanding the same from him and will post