1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. sam_likes_punto

sam_likes_punto Novizio

mumbai
    Creaky sounds in my car and clutch issues !

Hi,

This is regarding two issues I am facing in my Punto MJD 1.3

1. Creaky sounds in the interiors that I hear when driving my Punto MJD.The noise is probably from glass and plastics in the car which generates this noise.

I have shown this twice to service center (Fortune Motors,Saki Vihar)earlier and they redo the doors with oiling and the sound disappears for a few days.But then the same problem resurfaces again.

Infact,I think that the rear glass is probably an issue as well and I am not able to resolve this.

Can anyone please let me know if they had similar experiences and if your service center could resolve this ?

2.I did not use the car for about 2 weeks as I was out on a business trip and now I find that everytime I change the clutch-gear,the car tends to jump a bit.In other words,I get a slight jerk in the car everytime I change the 1st and 2nd gear specially.Is it a serious issue or should it go off after some days ?

Thanks,

Sam
  2. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I probably think it is better to check it, may not be a major problem, but it has a tendency to be a major one if ignored.
  3. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Please check your clutch. It seems like clutch is not working properly that is why u r getting the jerk. The clutch issue is common in Punto. I am facing the clutch issue where the gear is getting harder than usual and i have checked with dealer and they informed the clutch plate needs to be replaced.
  4. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Get it checked with TCRS Worli. Those Fortune guys gave me two noises (bearing-like and underbody thuds) that nobody has been able to figure out yet. Once the exclusive centers open, I will get them checked again.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    My car is 670 Kms driven and i hear rattling sound from the front left door. I bought the car from Aadya and shall contact Ranganath this weekend to get it fixed.

Its annoying to hear the sound of rattles while driving, but that overall doesn't make a Punto a bad car. NEVER !!!

I shall try to get it fixed and in case i am not able to get it fixed, i shall live with it :)

Wish me luck !!!
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I too have started getting chee cheee noise from rear suspension whenever the car hits bad road,pothole, speed breaker etc.The noise is less when somebody is sitting on the rear seats.
    The TASS guy suspect rear suspension bushing, buffer or deal axle bushing.
    Does the suspension bushing and buffer is one item or separate.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @varin

Mechanics' lingo does complicate matters. I'll post the parts details in the evening.

Cheers.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i too had this cheek cheeek sound from the front suspension,at FASS they replaced the left suspension with new one.
    Still i can hear the same sound,fed up off it and decided to drive harsh on the potholes speed bumps and then suddenly found that the sound is gone... :D .

Tody got done with the wheel alignment ,when the car was aboveground on hydraulic ,by holding tightly the tire tried to move it done for all the tires and found one culprit for the right front tire that it is shking and when asked to the mechnic he told ball joint have gone kaput.

Experts please throw some focus on this ball joint and it adverse effects,after google i found that it can damage the tires as wells.whats the cost ?
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That chirping sound is because of stiffening up of bushes, what to do that was the only conclusion derivable from last troubleshooting. It was hardly audible inside the car & was coming from rear suspension only when it was loaded full & released (people start coming out), i have to be outside of the car to notice it. Obviously went to TASS, they lubricated rear bushes, it was back to normal. Once heard minute Chirping from front side, it jumped a few breakers & now it's dead silent again. You could get your car wash in details from beneath & check the. I also get a feeling that it could be due to spring set up:confused: but i am sure It's not related to any fault in the suspension. Any problem with the suspension would be easily noticeable when driven over the potholes or even surface for that matter. Fact of the matter is, hardly know why it is happening but there is nothing to worry about.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    any body has an idea how to lubricate these rear suspension bushes. I think the rear mounting opens(under the carpet) from the dicky.Will try lubrication first whether the noise goes away or not.