1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. But one looses the confidence with such a bad braking....am sure it wasn't there earlier say about 1500 - 2000 kms back
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I've never had judder under braking in my 2009 Linea. I've gone from 140 to 0 to avoid a wayward rickshaw on the highway and had no issues. ABS did it's job but I did not have to steer to avoid it and kept it straight.
  3. caffeineam am trying it on straight line....and believe me this thing is not at all inspiring. My old Alto was much sure.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

We are not discussing braking from top speeds or hard braking here.

Just gently tap your brake pedal when at 80-100 speeds. And you would know what we are talking, unless you are lucky.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Have you got Brake Pads & Brake Discs checked?
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Never faced such a problem in my 58K ownership at any speed including the specific speed range being talked here. If it judders definitely need to check the rotor for un-eveness.
  7. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Have done that plenty of times and there is no judder.
  8. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Please get your brakes checked at the service center.This should not happen. Got my brake discs as well as pads replaced. The problem is gone in my Linea.
  9. Got my Linea checked yesterday at Kashyap...they were able to get the discs replaced under warranty but FIAT not took pads under warranty as the car has run more than 10K kms (mine is 15K).....I was asked to pay for it just for the reason that I am a causious driver and wear and tear on my car is below any normal car. I am not blaming Kashyap here but FIAT who charged me for their fault. Had it been my mistake they would not had given even the discs to me.

I ve lodged a complaint against FIAT and am expecting a call FIAT technicians in a day or two....lets see !
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I had this issue with my 2011 linea and that too soon after my 2nd service.

Issue: Concorde, kochi dint inform me that my car had issues with alignment(my mistake of not doing alignment every 5k kms) prior to servicing and the alignment / balancing job done during service was even worse.. 1 tire prematurely worn out because of this. So please check you alignment.

On reporting jerking issue at TASS they replaced my right brakepad under warranty and I got a balancing/alignment done outside TASS. After this i have not faced any issues:)