1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi friends ,

I was facing the same issue with my Punto Diesel and took it to concorde for my Annual 45k Service . The SA said that the link rod is cut and needs to be replaced ! He gave me a big bill of 10k and I wasnt sure if it was necessary. Looks like it could be just a screw that needs to be tightened ?

Is there any safety concern if the link road is not fixed ?

I get a khar khar sound when the steering is turned towards the right..

Can I buy the link road and get it fixed through an outside mechanic ?

He also says the mounting needs to be changed as the front shocks have become weak !

Let me know if what he says is right , or He`s just pulling a fast one on me !
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    10K just for link road? Its in range of 2K. Check again.
  3. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    I have the exact same problem with my fiat Punto .It is also a 2009 model . I just saw this post a bit too late ! Does the extended warranty cover this problem ? The SA at concorde (Khan) says I have to pay 10k to replace the link rod and the mount .

He says The link rod is cut and Until it is replaced the noise will not go away !!

Let me know if I can claim replacement under warranty ?
  4. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    He said 3.2k for link rod and another 6.3k for mounting ! He said the front shocks are weak and that needs to be replaced as well !

Does Extended warranty cover it ?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh ok, hard to claim under extended warranty.
    Leave mounting pads for now and get link rod changed.
  6. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    Some people were saying it costs 800-1000 outside (Talbros) and it is a 20 min job for a mechanic to fix it outside . Is it advisable to do it outside or got to concorde for this.
  7. If you are in bangalore get in touch with Harish of pride cars 9945112233, He recently resolved similar problem for TFI'en Vithal.
    Concorde SA really don't know how to fix these things,don't tell any thing about concorde just show the problem to Harish and give about 1-2 days time it will be fixed.
    One thing to note is Hraish labor charges are high but it will not be nay where near to 10K.
    P.S: why I make such tall claims about Concorde? I have been going to them for 3 years and been there with similar issues several times.
  8. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai

In this case, when used Zorrik spray(WD equivalent) instead of OIL, the sound ceased to come for a day and in couple of days, the squeak sound reappeared when depressing clutch fully.

Is spraying zorrik in the clutch guide lever/spring/ not advisable. i did spray once and have not repeated ever since the sound returned back.

Wish to have smooth clutch experience and eliminate the squeak for good, pl suggest what you have done to keep the sound at bay,
  9. Jerk Braking Linea Active 2012

It has been a wonderful experience driving the Linea and throwing it around corners....driving at the midnight across Delhi, but from a few kilometers i ve expereinced jerky braking when speed is above 70 kmph. It is even more visible when the speed is higher.

Please note here I have a very light foot and drive at 80 and above is kinda rear when in city. This shows in th FE figures I get from my car.

On my 2nd service to kashyap I did told this to them but during the TD which was a slow speed it wasn't evident, they check the disc pads which they said were perfect. But since other week or so it is more visible.

What could be the reason...it does'nt have ABS but breaking looks as if its a cheep ABS. The steering wheal also shakes if breaking is done at 100.....please help what could be the problem....its a 7 months old car.
    Is this problem covered under warranty.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

This is a common problem in Punto/Linea. At speeds near 80 and above, there is judder in braking and steering wobble, even am facing this, I am yet to report this to service. Few other TFIans have got their calipers/rotors replaced under warranty.