1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Went to service station today - it was loose link rod the culprit. Just took 10 mins to get it corrected. Back to normal and happy driving.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    The sound is quite distracting. I have treadmill lubricating oil lying around, can I use that all over the spring? It won't make the clutch slip or anything?
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Anybody? I can buy some specific grade of lube at a petrol pump on the way if required.
  4. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Off late I am hearing a weird noise when braking in traffic condition (Read moving in 1st or 2nd less than 15kmph). Also when I stand outside hear a small thud and light squeal kind of sound from the rear wheel When braking at the above speed both in forward and reverse direction.
    Also the brake seems to have lost bite, may be this is normal expected may be beacuse of normal wearing of the brake pads and shoes..
    Please help the car is just 2 months old as of today..
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes you may use that oil if no other alternative.

While applying the oil on the spring, keep pushing the pedal back and forth so that the spring stretches and oil gets inside the coils.

No it won't make your clutch slip. :) . If anything it makes the pedal action smoother.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks a lot. will do that tonight before my 550 Km drive.
    Why is it that the Clutch spring only makes this sound when the gear is engaged, if the car is in neutral; the clutch does not make this sound.
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    In my case, the spring was making a constant noise , well , like "choo choo", everytime i pressed the pedal or released it - in gear , neutral , car switched off or running - everytime.

Noise produced by a spring is very typical. Like a metal being stretched. Make sure it is the spring only.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am also getting this clutch spring noise but it is not a problem or cause of concern for me and yes, I will lubricate it with a liquid lube. But, gear stick is not moving as smooth as it moved earlier I think it needs lubrication How can I lubricate the gear stick?
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    It's definitely not the spring then 'cuz it's more of a "Click" sound than a "choo choo".
    I will throw some Oil on the Switch then :)
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    No, i'd advise against that.

If it's not giving any errors and the car is driving fine, just keep driving till TASS have the replacement in hand.

Cheers.