1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    For all such problems there is only one solution. Take the brake pads out clean them properly and refit them. The shuddering will got for few thosands of kms depening on brake dust accumulation and come back.

I clean them everytime shuddering on light braking starts and this problem goes.
  2. mb_amit

mb_amit

Noida
    My Linea has done around 3500kms in last 2months. Yesterday I noticed the same vibration while applying slight brakes at 80kmph. From the thread chain I could not understand what is the concrete cause of this. Also I feel a little worried as I do not expect a car worth 10L to start showing such problems. I chose Linea over Vento and Fluidic verna and am very proud of my decision. But such issues leave me worried.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Although prima facie it might be the brakes at fault here, but get a diagnosis done first of all.

Also, we'd love to hear about your buying experience and ownership review till date.

Cheers.
  4. nuract

nuract

Bangalore
    Hi!
    I had bought my car from Concorde/ Dairy Circle, and during first service (done at Concorde itself) I mentioned this problem. The SA there checked the brake pads, said they were fine and asked me to get a wheel balancing done (that too outside as their service centre doesn't have one for alloy wheels!!!). He did, however clean the disc and pads, but that was of no avail! As I was planning a diwali trip immediately, I went ahead with my journey with the "steering" judder! As soon as I returned, and following advice from my friend (another Punto owner with same problem), I approached Surendar Jain at Prerana Kudlu gate junction. He checked and immediately replaced the disc + pads under warranty. Trouble is, its just been 1500km, and I can already feel minor vibrations coming through while braking!
    So if you want to get a smooth service go to Prerana Kudlu gate. Also, before posting on this forum this morning, I called up Mr. Sai Kumar (Manager / Sales & Service / Prerana), who has promised us to get to the bottom of this. Will keep you guys posted. However, I feel we should as a group talk to FIAT to understand whats going wrong.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can give you atleast dozens of cases where in new Verna Fluidic's clutch has gone hard and people are finding it extremely difficult to use the clutch. In one case, this has been reported as early as 750 kms on the odo! And none of the Hyundai service centres are ready to replace this under Warranty. What do you have to say now?

Please dont worry due to one niggle. You own a fabulous beauty; just enjoy the drive. Sorry for going OT.
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    1st check tire presser , tire condition any bulge on sidewall
    den
    check wheel balancing and alignment
    den
    check whether there is any bend in alloy wheel Rim ............

its not that serious problem
  7. mb_amit

mb_amit

Noida
    @Punto_Emotion : I know what beauty I have as I was among the starting buyers of Linea when it was launched. I had purchased Fiat Linea emotion pk petrol in April 2009 three months after it launch. And I was many times congratulated by anonymous people about what a beautiful car I had. I enjoyed the drive though it felt underpowered. I had one not so good experience on that Linea where it just did'nt start while I was on a drive to my hometown. Though it was frustrating going through the experience at about 5000Km at the odo, I was able to get the help within one hour of contacting their centralised helpdesk. The service guys spent around 5 hours identifying the problem running all of their test, with no success. Then there was this experience service man, who figured out the root cause. It also gave me insight that Fiat is putting effort in firming up their ASS.

I have had liking for FIAT since palio days and my father had FIAT Padmini as his first car.. there for even after so much noise in the market about ASS of fiat and my past experience of Fiat lines petrol, I still went for Line deisel. This car is excellent and I feel very good every time I drive it, however my past bitter experience is somewhere at the back of my mind. Hence I am at times worried.

Please note that I had Maruti Alto which I drove 98000Kms and it did not give me a single problem. Probabaly I will be able to regenerate my confidence once I have driven 15-20K kms without trouble.
  8. mb_amit

mb_amit

Noida
    Sure Gurjinder. I've been thinking of posting my ownership experience for past few days. last week I have also taken the photographs. Will be soon posting the same under ownership thread
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Also lately i have discovered one more reason for shuddering. The tyres itself. When the GT3 wera out the treads dont grip the road evenly. When you apply brakes one pacth grips while other wont and so on. This also causes shuddering. Also buldge in tyre causes it.
    1 person likes this.
  10. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    My Polo has a similar issue. The steering as well as the brake pedal vibrates when braking. At high speeds the vibrations are a lot more. While my Linea is going smooth at 20000kms. So luck also has its own role to play. In my Polos case I am sure I will loose some money because the warranty for discs and brake pads are for just 6 months or 10000kms whichever earlier. These vibrations started at around 5000kms but became identifiable at 12000kms only.