1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Just one week on road with 490 kms; since today morning - while coming back from office, rattling sound comes from the bottom. It is such that some thing dangling and hitting at sides. Slowly it has increased, even with a small shake there is noisy rattling sound.

Any idea what is the cause for this? I will go to service center today to check this - it's really frustrating.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Can it be faulty or loose link rod. Else check the engine guard for any damages.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

This should mostly me the AC pipes rubbing with each other. Does it happen only while accelerating or braking?

The pipes are inside the transmission tunnel. This area is accessible by opening the panel on the left side of the central tunnel. ( passenger side foot area).

I had this noise for a long time and reported to tass and they somehow fixed it. It came back after a few days again. Since I saw they were working in that area last time, I decided to open it up and found that they plucked in a rag cloth between the ac pipes to prevent them from moving. :banghead::banghead: Lol, what an idea I thought. Plucked it back in tightly and the squeaky noise is history.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
  4. nuract

nuract

Bangalore
    Hi,
    I am also facing the same issue on my Punto Sport (June 2012 vehicle). I had the discs and pads replaced under warranty at 6600km (Dec2012) and I feel the problem is slowly creeping up again. I have completed 1500km since the change.
    A friend of mine with 2011 July Punto also had the same issue. He too got it replaced under warranty at 13,000km but the problem has started again - he's covered 8000km after the change.
    Both of us do not brake hard and the road we use most often is in excellent condition (Bangalore Hosur highway, for those who know!).

Did anyone bring this issue up at the meet at the FIAT factory? We have currently asked Prerana service manager to take this up with FIAT officials and are waiting for their reply.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Rs.6500 ? for just front 2 or all 4?
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Brake pads were replaced at 24,500 Kms.... now ODO is on 44500Kms... I observed that on slight braking on Highway the steering judders . I tried to push brake harder then the Vibration perishes.
    IMO - Uneven wore brake pads are culprit here.
    1 person likes this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Hmm, So quite a few people have this issue then. Looks like something is wrong.

When i went to TASS (Tejaswi) the other day, i reported this issue and they started to fiddle with the disc's again. One Mr PanduRangan (Tejaswi branch Manager, Tadbund, Sounded technical) took a look and asked the tech's to change the tyres and check. He asked them to check Ball Joints, arms etc if it is not resolved after tyre change.

He thinks the new disks are suppressing the vibrations for a few days but the issue is something else.

As usual the techs were pre occupied with the other Turbo related issue i had on my car and had no time to look into this. I told them that i'll come back later to get it checked.

Shashank - Have you reported this at Tejaswi yet?
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes indeed i spoke to Mechanic Gouse when i went there for 4th Servicing. He said Brake pads are not in good shape and they are not in stock.
    On Sunday i noticed vibrations on NH7 when i applied brake slightly on 120-130 km/hr. So i thought to test on hard braking whenever i press brake pedal harder i didnt even noticed single vibration.
    Probably i have to check post brake pad change.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

It does not happen on hard braking, Occurs only on slightly tapping the pedal for slowing down. I believe it will dissapear for a while on changing the pads but i don't think that is the actual problem though. The problem on my car appears every 6-8K kms.
  10. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    I have exactly the same problem now, The Steering vibrates when I brake gently, I have noticed this at high speed, I have clocked 8K KMS in a matter of 4 months,I wanted to know which TASS in Bangalore can diagnose this better? Should I go for KHT at white field, or one near dairy circle fly over, Please help