1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yes this is absolutely correct. This switch with sensor informs ECU that this is a Geared Vehicle. Secondly when its active the ECU keeps the rpm optimum and doesnt allow a sudden drop while changing gear.
    1 person likes this.
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

i get a 'cling' sound when i shift gear and release the clutch. is it the same?
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    So I understand that it does have an important role. Let me see if I can get it replaced at the earliest. I wrote to Fiat through the website and hoping they will write back.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why you need to write to Fiat, go to nearest service center and get it fixed.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Because Service Center placed an order for the part a month ago and it has still not arrived :)
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Buddy..can u plz check and confirm my doubt.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The "cling" which you refer to can easily be the clutch pedal spring making a noise. I had a similar noise twice.

In one instance TASS applied white grease on it - which was useless to say the least. The second time i cleaned the spring and lubed it with liquid lube (Chain Lube). It has been quiet ever since.

Grease doesn't work well because the lube needs to go inside the coils of the spring to quieten it. Liquid lube goes easily.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  8. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Gurji..thnx for the quick response.

The noise i mentioned comes when the clutch is fully depressed and it seems like the gear get engaged at that point. if i let go of the clutch slowly there is no sound.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Am not sure I get any sound from the gear. Mine is only from the clutch pedal. It could be the switch or the spring. It is exactly like the sounds of a ball pen if you keep clicking it.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Its the spring noise. Not an issue at all, if you bend down and see carefully you will see the metal banging back on spring action and making noise. I too get this noise if i suddenly release the clutch.