1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's a real bummer. Have the front hubs checked as well. The disc rotors fit onto the front hubs.
  2. iamalpine

iamalpine Timido

Mumbai
    i have had the same issue with my Linea Tjet. whereby Fortune Nerul (navi mumbai) told me to replace brake pads. It cost me approx 6500 INR. But guess what its only about 2500kms from the time when i changed it and the issue is back. i am not sure what to do now. Maybe go there and find out if they really replaced the pads.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Central locking was not working on the rear left door for the past two months. All of a sudden it is working today!
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Quirky noise from the left door/glove box/AC

A small quirky noise is coming from the left corner near the glove box it was present when i first got the car and disappeared after that, recently i drove the car for few hundred kilometers and the noise is back again, Is the quirky noise from the door handle, plastic casing, glove box or AC.. Please suggest :anyone
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
  5. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

Sorry for the late reply brother: Yes the problem is resolved after that, but could not see much difference in the ride quality as it was better before as well.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Clicking sound from Clutch

Hi all,

The Fuel Control or Cut-Off switch under the Clutch pedal is Malone a "Click" sound every time I engage or disengage the Clutch. I know it is the switch as it was replaced a few months ago under warranty as it had gone bad and the Car was "Jumping". I have ordered it at he Service Center but it will take a few weeks for it to arrive. I am concerned as I have a 1000 KM drive planned during the coming weekend. Should I be worried?
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    If it's not putting out any error codes or not hampering the driveability - just carry on.

My understanding of the switch is that it's not there for any critical function, just to smoothen the driving experience. Also, i wonder if it's called a Fuel control or cut off switch at all?

I hope someone can add more to this topic.
    1 person likes this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I do not have an idea on your issue, but could you explain what does jumping mean? Does the car leap ahead or give a jerk when the clutch is being left?
    1 person likes this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    That clutch switch is defenitley for smoothening the drive . With a malfunctioning switch, the drive is very irritating . Every time the clutch is released after changing gear, you can feel a jerk.. I had the issue but fortunately I picked it up early and within a day it was diagnosed by Tenzing of TAFE, and he had stock of it. It took only about half an hour to fix it back. The error does show up in the diagnozer.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    As per FIAT Forum UK guys - The switch indicates to the ECU that the clutch is pressed - which in turn holds the rpm for a fraction , enabling a smoother gear change.

And the gearchanges reallly are smooth and imperceptible on our FIATs.
    1 person likes this.