1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, i am extremely allergic to sound or any kind of quirky sounds in the cabin .. that's one of the factors why i bought a punto to avoid external noise in the cabin. I have few issues with noise in cabin as below:

1. Noise from the mirror shaking due to potholes or uneven roads because of the loose holding onto the main mirror, i tried it with the 3M sticker a double layer too but it refuses to hold and annoys all the time.
    2. The infamous Noise from the back due to the c pillar cover one of the clips were broken i replaced the unit but still the cover comes out and vibrations from behind.

Kindly advise .. Reds Surya
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The central locking system and many small things on fiat are not fullproof at all. They are just there for name sake. If you lock the door and someone opens it with another key or by any other method there is no alarm or blinking etc. too. Even a 3000rs central locking system from autocop is better in all ways.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    The Seat belt warning flashes at first for few seconds and then it keeps quit one can drive without the seat belts it never flashes again.. its just a flashy sign which flashes or rings and then keeps quiet
    1 person likes this.
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Mine crossed 20k kms in under 8months and there is no rattle or squeak in my car from anywhere, reason is full damping in all four doors. Result is not just in acoustic improvements of car stereo but also in in cabin silence. My Punto is driven on baddest to bad patches of roads Himachal can offer and still it sounds as good as it was on day of delivery. Not even a single rattle anywhere. Guys dont run after TASS for minor rattles, you will definitely end up with even more rattles. Just save some money and get your car's doors damped. Avoid TASS !!!

Just my two cents.
  5. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    Yes Nilesh, the door lock mechanism is a big suspect. In my Linea, when I unlock the doors the front and rear left doors don't open unless opened from inside. Just tried some combinations and have observed that after 3rd "Unlock", the doors open! Also, many times when I stop and shut the engine, there's a series of lock & unlock noises.

Showed it to Fiat technician during a recent visit for some minor dent job. he said I'll have to replace all sensors! Now sure how true (& costly!) is that.
    1 person likes this.
  6. This issue has become bigger now,wondering what to do.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had the same issue ....but the TASS rectified it in first service.......touch wood it has not reappeared.....but now i am having rattling noise from the cabin lights area..:-(
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    My left LH C pillar plastic came out today its second time i have replaced in last 6 months :hit
  9. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Guys,

I have the same issue, my Punto MJD ran 7000KM so far in 5 months.
    It sounds from speedometer, light 'GRILLL' tune comes out. Not sure is it a serious issue :roll:?

I can here that noise whenever I drive on rough road, there wont be any such noise on flat highways.
    I'm visiting TASS this Saturday.

- Sunil
  10. macky

macky Amatore

Its not a serious issue, but a very irritating one on bad roads, especially when on tarmac where the tar slowly erodes and leaves behind small concrete.

It was fixed by TASS after much persistence.. but as it is with every other Fiat probably they will fix it with out much fuss!