1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    my car is also having same problem. the noise comes from left wiper when reaches the bottom most position.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Chances are that your wiper blade rubber has gone hard or your windshield surface is not clear. How good is the wipe during night rains ? Does cleaning with newspaper thoroughly bring any difference ?
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had this issue of wiper not cleaning the windscreen, and creating some misty layer after the wipe for a few seconds. Night visibility during rains was pretty bad. Today I got a chance to clean the wind screen using newspaper and test the result. The effect was terrific. The misty layer has vanished and visibility in rain has thoroughly improved.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Surya please add a shampoo paunch Rs. 2 in the wind screen washer water. Then try & check for the noise.
    This noise is due to friction between windscreen & wiper blade when water is in less amount on the windscreen.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Ok will add and check.. this time
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I noticed this in my car recently while driving in heavy rains.:
    when wiper blades are at full speed with the car stationary, say at a signal, car shakes every time the driver side viper hits the a-pillar.

has anyone else noticed this?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    What the...???? That is a misaligned wiper. Get it fixed. At maximum position the wiper blade is supposed to be about an inch short of the A pillar, not hit it.

Rajan
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the confirmation Rajan! I was afraid this would be the case.. my punto's body was fully changed after a major repair two years back! since then i keep finding small small things like this one :)
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Guys,

I faced a problem with my door lock today and I'm not sure how long it has been there. Thank goodness I identified it atleast now.

I parked my car at my office parking, got out and locked the doors with the remote central lock button. I got the locking sound and a long indicator blink. As a habit I always try pulling the door handle of the driver side after locking it to check wether it is locked properly. (Few people have also made fun of me doing that when central locking is there). I did the same today and the door was locked.

I made a few steps away and suddenly I got an instinct to step back and check all the doors. I have never done that. I knew it is stupid but wanted to do it. I went to the passenger side of the car and pulled the door handle of the rear left door and to my awe it got opened. All the other doors were locked but my left rear door wasn't :( I pressed the lock lever on the inside and closed the door. It got locked. I tried opening with remote again and the door did not open. So I thanked God that I was able to keep the door locked atleast.

My worry is , Whats the use of central locking button when it blinks showing all the doors are locked when it is not. Now I will never be satisfied with the indicator blink and will go around the car checking all the doors even if TASS sorts out the issue :(

Please make a check like this once in a while to make sure all the door locks are working properly, as most of us tend to keep laptops or other bags inside the car when we go for shopping.
  10. nilesh

nilesh

Thane, Mumbai
    i think Fiat has this peculiar issue with door lock mechanism. i came across the same when tried to activate/deactivate child lock. the whole mechanism got loose from inside after this. this happened more than once and i think its design fault which fiat needs to rectify.

1 person likes this.