1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yes its a kids job to fix the cover back. Very easy. Its foolproof mechanism, One cannot go wrong in that.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Would a weak suspension can also result in vibrations especially on paver block roads.

Although I dont get noise from my front suspension but I can feel vibration on bad roads especially paver blocks roads but no problems on speed breakers.

My rear suspension is making some noise.It was rubber boots first but the some noise still there even after sticking the boots properly. Now I suspect rear bushings.

what r the symptoms bad rear bushing and would changing struts remove vibrations

my car has done 65800 Kms with original suspension but new mounts and tie rods.
  3. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Thanks Italia-Linea and varin11 . BTW I hope no special tools are required. I have a tool kit . Hope it works. I will try this in weekend and keep you updated.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Remove all screws that depend on rubber for support and do not screw into a proper nut. Spray all the rubber bits with Tyre dresser. Let it dry. Dip the screw in grease and fit back. Make sure not to tighten too much. The tighten you screw it back, the lesser the grip from the rubber.

That should do it.

Rajan
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @Patchyboy . What is tyre dresser ?
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @Vivek - It is the same spray that one uses on the tyres to make them appear black and clean. It also makes the rubber supple.

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Wiper Blade noise

since its raining this week the wiper is used most of the time but i am noticing a rubbing voice on the glass when ever the wiper blades run, i didn't notice this earlier though during the first service i was charged 100/- for wiper additive, the blades are in good shape i would like to know if this is causing the noise on the wiper blade.. :anyone
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Surya, Since its raining in Bangalore from couple of days, even my car's wiper usage has gone up. I notice this sound on & off. Not regular though. My car is due for first service this saturday. Shall check then!
  9. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    Even my car also having the same problem.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I hear this noise occasionally, haven't given much thought to it. I have noticed that the sound appears when wipers are used for long periods, some thing like more than 10-15mins or so.