1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @varin11 .. were you able to get the problem resolved ? I got the 3rd service done recently from HIM Patparganj and I find that the engine cover is vibrating and producing a strange grrrrr sound , which goes away as soon as you press it slightly with the hand. When I went back to TASS the service adviser there (i dont remember the name) said that "its like that only". But am sure it was not vibrating before .

BTW does any one know if we can tighten it ourselves as a DIY ? because TASS dont agree its a problem at all !!! The cover is on 2 rubber "protrusions" . One side is pretty loose and vibrates. Please see the attached image(not my original image) . The (1) is loose. Is it normal ? Any idea how to tighten it. ??

01082010.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Just get a good tape and wind it on the back side shaft of the cover which goes into the rubber bush. Due to engine heat the rubbers loose strength.
  3. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Thanks Italia Linea. do we need to remove the cover for that ? How do we remove the cover ..I dont see any screws :ugeek:
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Remove the 2 bolts on the air intake pipe. Be careful the backside bolt many times falls in the engine while doing so. Once the air intake pipe that goes to turbo is our from the cover just pull the cover upwards from front. It has no bolts.. it easily comes out.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is not suspension noise. Rust formation between coil spring & its housing.
    Spraying of oil solves the problem. Or replace rear elastic pads.

Formation of mud is also responsible. My former 75 HP GP was suffering from this.
    This is temporary problem. So not to worry.

This type of noise is also seen in 2 wheelers.
    e.g. flyte,Rodeo,Access & H Activa.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Except noise i dont have any issues with the brakes infact they have saved me many times.. So better i'll wait for sometime few kms and then plan for replacement..
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Hsss noise from AC compressor

i can hear Hissss noise from AC and also other noise from compressor.What can be the problem
    1. Compressor
    2. Compressor clutch
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    It cant be tighten once loose since its just on some rubber slots with no screws.There is also one slot behind he air filter just below the EGR which has become loose in my case and I have tried putting packing inside but the sound comes back.Next time I go to TASS will carry some thin sponge and fill the gap.

Italia is it safe to open the cover.I mean can we fix it back properly without any problem.
  9. i too got the same issue and also the car started giving a loud grunting sound on long run.. showed it to TASS and found it is a compressor issue. have given the car for replacing the compressor since it is within warranty period.
  10. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    It could be a compressor or it could just be a dirty filter. But better get it checked.