1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

It costs 2800 + service charge if you go to TASS
    it will cost 2600 if you but it outside (at least in BLR its 2600).

If you want a different brand which is much more thicker than the OEM galfer then you can go for Magnetti Marelli pads (2100rs)
  2. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

I have this problem since day one. And it still persists.my car has ran 22k km now, but i hear the noise only while getting the car to halt at lower speeds ,when i asked TASS guys i was told its there in all puntos
  3. shams

shams Esperto

at 5.3 kms theres no chance of pads needing replacement! i would suggest wait for few 100 kms, if it still persists, get them cleaned whenever you pass by the SC next time. if you are lucky that might just help...

In my punto this noise problem appears once in a while, stays for few hundred kms and then goes off by itself. this happens when bake pads have good amount of life left. Have seen same thing in friend's punto also. On complaining to SC they just clean the pads and put it back but it never made any difference. now i just ignore it knowing that it will go by itself in few days..

I would say if its not too much, just ignore it!
  4. I am facing this problem for almost 2 years. Mine has covered 18000 Kms. On the last visit to TASS they checked the Pads and said its good for atleast 5-6 K kms. I am waiting till 20 K to change them. Cleaning the pads never help
  5. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Yesterday I also observed simliar sort of noise from rear.

Wii check today @ Hand Brake issue.

Or else again starts......diagnosis.......

6. DKumar

Even I am feeling lot of noise in my car cabin now-a-days. This happened after 15-day accident visit of my car to Balaji Cars in Thane in start of this month. I have a serious doubt that they have removed sound insulation from my car, from below the bonnet :eek: :eek:. One of my friend (having Sports) do have a while cloth like insulation between the bonnet and a black cover (seen if you open the bonnet). That is missing in my car. Balaji says, that insulation may not be present in all the cars, but I am struggling now to prove myself or them either way. 1 thing is sure, the engine sound level has gone up many folds. Launched a complaint with fiat. lets see how it goes.
  7. sungoa2010

I think the noise is associated with new leaks associated with some small misalignment of some of the parts in crucial A pillar region or region near to front door and A pillar. I don't think They will be able to identify the root cause but a trial and error way will lead to improvement. For a general reference of the source of aerodynamic sources one can look at the introduction chapter of the thesis at RMIT university(alam.pdf) The effects of car A-pillar and windshield geometry on local flow and noise - RMIT Research Repository Introductory chapter give a better overview of general cabin noise problems associated with exterior air flow and windshield geometry. As I told earlier trial and error method is the best solution.
  8. KarthikMC

my cars been almost 2yrs old now and requested TASS to check multiple times. But, it hasnt helped. They once said that they replaced the rear axle, after keeping the car in service centre for 5 days. But, the problem isnt solved. Dont believe them though.
  9. sungoa2010

For TASS Fiat is a duck that lays golden eggs. They simply will not miss any opportunity to replace things. Poor Fiat will get the impression that the car need to get parts replaced regularly.
    1 person likes this.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Fiat gets warranty from vendors for the spare parts supplied by them