1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Brake Noise

I have noticed this several times though its not that significant thought would put forth for opinions and feedback.. I often observe that there is noise when ever i apply brake and its audible when car is running down the road and Engine is not revving also while making curves to confirm this i switched off the engine moved down the road and tried applying brakes.. it works fine and enough grip to hold the car to stand still but with noise.. have anyone experienced these before ..

Regds..Surya

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

One more point oberserved there is a thud noise whenever the car lands on a pothole or jump down a speed breaker.. dont know if its normal ..
  2. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    I also had similar noise while applying brakes. During my last service I got the pads & discs replaced. Now the noise is gone. So get the pads & discs checked to rule out the wear.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Even I had brake noise. This was happening when the brake pads were in good condition. I lived with this noise for sometime, more than 5000-6000 kms. The noise vanished only after replacing brake pads. None of the checks or cleaning did any help.
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Check ur brake pads.. maybe its time to change them, that's when it usually makes the noise.. i was having the same sound.. changed the brake pads..

I think its normal.. in my case it more audible from the rear left suspension..

i think i read it in some post that its because our cars have gas filled shock absorbers and hence make the noise.. can someone confirm this..!
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    How much has the car run?
    The noise you are referring to is a common problem with modern brake pads even if the pads still have healthy life left in them.
    This is because of the compounds used in making the pads.. It happens to some, it wont to others.. When i replaced my pads for the exact same reason even the new pads had this noise from day one.. Believe it or not i drove like that for nearly 16000 kms , now i'm running on different set and the noise is totally gone.

Just get the pads checked and if the noise still exists after the change as well dont worry about it, it happens.
  6. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I agree with you karthik, I recently got the breaks checked thinking it could be some problems with them but nothing was found and I still can hear this noise from the front.

Since yesterday I have not heard anything from the rear end.
  7. I had similar noise when going inline like ramp of my parking,found it to be some welding joints had opened up.it was difficult for me to reproduce it so i called TASS folks to my place to demonstrate it.it got solved after a body work.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    My car is 5.3k running currently.. got first serviced last week.. how much does a brake pad cost for punto ?
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Noise/rattles from Reverse sensor mirror - Autocop

Not able to bear the shaking rattle noise from the rear view reverse sensor mirror - Auto cop..

Any suggestions?
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Have you fixed the same with proper packing like bubble wrap between existing mirror & new one?

This may give you the relief from the problem.....
    1 person likes this.