1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I agree will try to get the cover rectified before taking a final call.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Guys,

A small query..I'm kind of feeling the engine vibration on accelerator pedal now a days. It is not there during idle, but when in motion I feel it. I don't think it was there earlier. Any idea how to fix this?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Guys,

A small query..I'm kind of feeling the engine vibration on accelerator pedal now a days. It is not there during idle, but when in motion I feel it. I don't think it was there earlier. Any idea how to fix this?
  3. KarthikMC

KarthikMC

Suspension Noise

Hi all,

When someone heavy sits or gets off the car, there is a noise from the back. like a crumbling noise. has anyone else faced it? if yes, how did you get it resolved?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    bushes of rear dead axle needs to be checked and replaced/lubricated if required
  5. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have been feeling a similar sound coming from the front when I used to release the breaks and clutch simultaneously, earlier I suspected this problem to be with the breaks and got it checked however there was no fault found.
    Recently I observed that when someone heavy gets off from the back seat I can hear the same sound from the back like a creaking / screeching sound.
  6. maverick

maverick Amatore

That sound is mostly due to the engaged hand brake. You can ask some one to get in/out with the hand brake disengaged, if the sound is not there then it was due to the hand brake and there is nothing to worry about. If the sound is still there take the car to TASS for a checkup.
  7. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For me it is definitely not due to the Handbrakes
  8. Trifi

Trifi

Goa, India.
    i get this sound too when i accelerate or brake. Someone mentioned some link rod problem. Ill seek a clarification from the company mechanics when i visit the company workshop at pune for a checkup.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    This is mostly because of the seat support which is below the C-Pillar. It will be some kind of creaking noise because of plastic and metal running together.
  10. KarthikMC

KarthikMC

I have tried without the handbrakes as well. The noise is still there. It is more pronounced when there is even a small incline/decline.