1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. gnayar

gnayar

Gurgaon
    Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

Similar problem is coming in my Fiat Linea Emotion pack car.. Its hardly 40 days i bought this car.. and a heavy noise comes from the front suspension whenever i take the car bumps from the speed breaker. I am really disappointed with the noise. Please advice what should i do in this case...
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Guys

First of all, check your Mud flaps. On bumps, the mud flaps scratches with road surface & produce noise.

If thats not the case, ask TASC to check anti-roll bar ball joints
  3. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

My Linea had problems with the suspension, but more noise when turning to the left, the parts replaced are as follows.

1) Part No. 0059064033 - Elastic Pad - 1 No. - Rs. 2,457.78 - Replaced under Warranty
    2) Part No. 0059064034 - Elastic Pad - 1 No. - Rs. 2,457.78 - Replaced under Warranty
    3) Part No. 325030 - Front Strut - 2 Nos. - No Price mentioned - Replaced under Warranty

Problems solved.
  4. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    Naren

Please give the little bit details of about the problem you faced

What was odometer running of your car at the time of replacing Front Sturts & Sturt Mounts
    & what were the symptoms of your faulty suspension.

So that other members can easily know the life of above parts

From
    amolmane
  5. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

My Linea MJD has run for 19,800 kms in 1 year(that is today). During the rains my left front tyre went over a big pot hole in a hard way from there the problem started.

Symptoms
    1) When you are turning towards the left (in my case) there was a grinding noise.
    2) When going over Pot holes or speed breakers again there was noise, but not as much as it was when turning towards left.

Go to the service staion & ask the mechanic along with Service Advisor to accompany you for a ride, ask the SA to drive the car.

As said in my earlier post in this thread the concerned parts were replaced under warantty & now no problem.
  6. Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

I also got my Punto's Strut mounting replaced as well as lower arm as it used to make noise on bad roads, TASS folks tried lubricating the arm but issue resurfaced just with in 300 kms of run.

Also back dampers were replaced as it was giving "Kyui kyui" noise, Now car feels lot silent other than the engine noise.

-Sat
  7. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    Sat-Chit-ananda

What was your odometer reading the time of replacement ?

If more than 30000 KM , did you get in warrantee Or paid job ?
  8. Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

Amolmane,

As per TASS Mysore road there is no restriction on warranty for Shock absorbers as 30K Kms,I have been told that they replace it for cars which have run 60 K Kms too.

-Sat
  9. en_arvind

en_arvind

Chennai

My Linea's front suspension also used to make a strange noise when the car went above a hump...the TASS person, found after lubricating the shocks' assembly, that the noise was due to the mud flaps scraping the speed breakers.
  10. Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

They did the same for mine initially, but the problem came back with 600 kms of do int that, finally they replaced the strut mounting.
    -Sat