1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Did'nt you bring into SA's notice and deny the car ??? Then what is the use of a PDI checklist from TFI ? There is high probability that your car
    might have been used for TD's even.
  2. 1)Most of the times these dealer people do it as they take the car for test drive,your car should have had H symbol as the car is driven only while loading on the truck and while unloading and bringing it to the dealership..It should have a max of 50 Kms with H on the odo...
    The ball always remains in your court,you could have rejected the car and asked for a new car..
    Let bygones be bygones,enjoy the present and the future that your PUNTO will give you...You will love every bit of this,believe us...

2)Is it the left door is rattling?or the left front window?I am saying this as my car(4.2k on the odo now),the left front window rattles when driven over rough patches,its very irritating,I will get it resolved when i will go for 5k service..
    Even you should do the same...

3)This problem is faced by many BNW users..Dont worry too much,just wipe your car daily eventually the stain will fade away..

Enjoy your new ride...Happy Puntoing!!!:car
  3. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

hello vroom,

exactly my situation buddy:(
    till date i have tried Wasan, galaxy and fortune motors, but no luck.
    now the drivers seat also makes squeaking noise when i press or release the gas pedal.
    also the driver side window makes "khat" noise as the car goes over a pot hole.
    please help me if u had any luck solving these issues :D
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

engine vibration/noise soudproofing

Am thinking of making a homemade kit (using a high density foam) for killing engine noise / vibrations.The part to be covered is top of engine cover , more damping on the bonnet and may be other areas. Anybody has tried this kindly advise.Would extra material use effect the air circulation in the engine bay area.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The Linea already has one fitted from the factory. Apart from that, nothing's really needed. The NVH etc are controlled superbly. Is your experience to the contrary?
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I was also thinking the same. My TJet+ is absolutely silent inside though the fan makes a loud chatter outside. Are you having problems ?
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

After completing 66000 Kms I feel the engine noise has increased especially the engine cover noise is annoying, it vibrates during idling.I Have tried to cushion the cover fixing slots but the noise always comes back.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Well, to add soundproofing would be to mask the underlying issue, that is the vibrating engine cover. Once that is fixed, then take a call.

66000 is quite less. A Punto i drove with nearly 1.3 lakh on the odo was quite normal on the sound front. Same goes for two other 2009 Lineas, one driven 90,000 and the other 1.2 lakh.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

I totally agree with Gurjinder. One should never mask the route cause of the problem. Fiat engines are extremely silent. They will never bother anyone inside the cabin.