1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    engine Cover vibrations

Recently I had given he car for Timing Chain replacement and it was done twice due to some sound.On getting the car I could hear Grr..... while idling. On close check I found the engine cover (with air filter cover) is vibrating.It wasn't vibrating before the car was given to TASS.The reply, the cover is on rubber mounts and wear out on opening and closing.My engine cover was never opened in last 3years and there was no problem of any vibrations from the area, also why it started when u guys opened it.They just put tape on the slot behind the air filter but the problem is never gone.Its annoying hearing the sound when engine is running idle.

Guys any suggestions for any kind of noise damping material to reduce the vibrations.If nothing works out then am going to confront those guys for a new cover.
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same in my case...TASS guy adjusted with TAPE... now its gone...
  3. Wheels went into a pit, and now steering wobbling felt- alignment issue? suspension?

Yesterday night, My 1.4 GPEP fell into (in fact, rolled down into) a semi-dry muddy pit while reversing at crawling speeds. I took it for daily commute today and while coming back late evening, at speeds higher than 60kmph felt like steering is wobbling.

Could something have happened to alignment? or suspension /springs / mount ?-
    (I am still to look for any visible alloy bends).

Few more details: Right rear wheel went in by just more than half the tire height, at the same time Right front wheel was in another small pit less than half the tire height. Hence I Couldn't get it out by myself. I tried straight and revved, also steered it onto left and right extremes and briefly revving hard so that it gets some grip along the sides of the pit, but only tire spinning and burnt. Left front was on ground, but not firmly, and lacked grip since the right was inside the pit. Another 2 persons helped - by holding up the car by their hand along the top frame, and other person by the front right wheel arch so with some revving it came out with a jerk. While inside the pit, the right part of car was seen resting on the flat part below the suspension spring on the sides of the pit, as the tire was almost inside the pit itself.
    I didn't feel any wobbling during the morning drive, as speeds were 50 or below. During night noticed it slightly and decided to test it in higher speeds, thus at 60-70 speeds really felt the wobbling part. Was planning for a highway drive tomorrow being holiday, for now cancelled it. Plan to take it to TAFE service the day after or so.
    Or before that is it better to check at an alignment shop? (XL tire point is near)
  4. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    u were spot on!! just serviced linea yesterday..it was a bent engine guard that was the culprit and rectified immediately!! back to smooth sailing!!:dancing
    2 people like this.
  5. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rattling noise from the speedo meter console!!!!

i own a punto 2012 BNW.he has clocked 4000kms within two months.I noticed a rattling sound from the speedometer console.(some thing like the second hand of a clock ticking) just driving 20-50 kms after the delivery.the strange fact is that the sound will come up occasionally and disappears :confused:.Noticing this i started of to the showroom..after covering few kms...it disappeared! had a chat with the service supervisor..he told me to approach him if it happens again...After clocking 4000 odd kms i could still notice this irritating noise coming up and disappearing.Didn't get time to go to the service center then.What could be the reason???Did any one had this problem??What is the solution???
  6. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hi Vishnu,

Even I have the same issue, its the sound from the steel ignition part where you insert the key.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Get the key barrel removed & refitted at TASS.
  8. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its a minor issue right???
  9. Even I have it in mine, I just did not want those TASS guys mess it it up.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The best solution for such minor issues is to just ignore and carry on driving! Cos trying to rectify a minor problem, these service guys should not create a bigger mess! Even I get some sort of noise from dashboard area occassionally. As of now, just ignoring it and :steering
    1 person likes this.