1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please check the Engine guard .. it might be bent towards north.. might be touching engine ..
  2. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
    i have faced almost same issue, when i took the car to concord they said that Hub baring needs to be replaced and it wil cost 7000 ....
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  3. Hi Folks

I am not sure if this the right place....but here I go. Got my Punto Emotion MJD Boss Nova White delivered in Chennai VST motors on Thursday and used the TFI PDI checklist.

1) The Odometer has been reset or driven past 200 kms as the "H" was missing.
    2) There is a noise in the left front passenger door when I ride.

the weird one 3) At the temple, while doing pooja for the car the guys used Sandhanam (Sandal) and Kungumam (Saffron), it rained yesterday and today morning while washing the sandal stains could not be removed.

Please advise guys.
  4. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    I checked..it seems to be fine..I'm not much of a technical person, but the belt below engine was sorta making noise..was that maybe the reason??

but my speed was hardly 10,and the thump was not that major..was ur car speed also slow?
  5. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Thanks a ton to punto_emotion.....If you wouldn't have let me know about Ranganath Aadya motors, certainly till date i wouldn't have been able to resolve this manufacturing issue... There were minute gaps in the doors upper metal portion....cant reallly explain it well without a pic... but i dont have any pics to share...
  6. hey guys..my linea 2010 was making some wierd kach kach noise which i thought was coming from lhs door and it was very evident when i switched of the engine..took it to TASS yesterday..the service guys there search for an hour and finally found out that it wasnt the door but some AC or heater pipes near the lhs door..rectified for now..
    1 person likes this.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The guard must have got bent on getting hit.Take it to a regular mechanic,he will open the engine guard straighten it and the noise will go.I had similar issue.

The engine guard has such a important role to play on Indian roads with stones flying from all directions, potholes, suspension breakers (speed breakers). it takes the full brunt and saves important/expensive parts of ur car.

All Hyundai/Maruti cars even the expensive one like recent Elantra surprisingly doesn't come with engine guard thus no Warranty for any damage because of hit underneath. I myself have seen 2 verna guys howling in the workshop with similar issues.

Fiat has blessed us with a strong engine guard.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  8. uday_mj

uday_mj

Pune
    Not all Fiat cars have the guard.... My Uno had one but sadly my Palio does not have one......
  9. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Gurgaon
    I have had this issue twice now! The first time the shocker mounts were damaged and both were replaced by them FOC. But the second time -- about a week back -- I had to get it done again. And this time, I paid 6.5k for it! I called up FIAT and the service manager told me that around end-2010 (mine was replaced before that, I think), they got special shocker mounts made for India and these should last forever. We will see...
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    do you hear a thud noise when you go over humps or ditches even at slow speeds?
    If so then it must be the link rod..
    I thought link rod issues were only present in '09 models .. didn't hear much about this in the newer models..
    Don't worry if its link rod issue you will get warranty