1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    If the elastic pad is due for replacement, would the thud noise come sometimes while going over speedbreakers/bumps or always?
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Its not the thud noise, when ever the steering is turned left or right their is a grinding sound.

This can be felt more at stand still.
    Tell some one to steer, if u touch the front shocks springs while steering can feel the vibration frm springs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Guys please help. Getting confused.

I had sent a mail to Mr. Mangesh about the elastic pads warranty issue, got the response. Attaching mail response

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communication , we deeply regret the inconvenience .

Matter is coordinated with Tata Motors /dealer for update , you will be hearing shortly .

Just few minutes back my frnd SA in Concorde cald and informed that he has spoke to his manager and on a good will there will a some discount on the Bill.

Now what do u all think, Shud I wait for confirmation from Fiat or go for discount?

Confusion is will Mr. Mangesh approve to cover under warranty?

Wat say guys. HELP

4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    ^^ bump....plz help

5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    If your car is under standard Fiat warranty, then it is covered under warranty irrespective of kms on ODO.
    If your car is out of standard warranty but still under extended warranty than all suspension parts are covered til 35k kms.
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Standard warranty is 24months which is crossed. I have extended warranty provide free at the time of purchase.

Even then 2years is past but its with in the 35k kms and my Punto mileage at ODO 23k, TASS is not ready to cover.

As of now decided not to go for discount offer, waiting for response frm FIAT.

7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I was getting noise from rear suspension whenever car go over pothole or uneven speed breakers (all of them in Bombay). Consulted some Mechanics and TASS, all wanted to open the suspension and check. On checking properly myself I found the boot has become loose and make noise whenever car hitting pothole etc.I just tied the boot with the suspension using wire and the noise disappeared.

Saved money.:p:p:p:p:p:p
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Soon After i bought my punto in AUG 2011, .. i have experianced some noise from left suspension... tak tak...when ever car passes through pothole..it dissapeared after 1st service..
    Now i can hear same noise ...but not too often.. My observation is in Rainy seasons only i can hear this... :)
    ODO is @ 34,700 Kms ...
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I had same problem..TASS tightened some bolts and its fine now..no noise whatsoever
  10. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Strange engine noise after bottom scraping..Reasons??

Yesterday,my Linea got bottom scraped on the front side while negotiating a crater..Speed was hardly 10 or 20 ks, I immediately stooped, reversed and took another path,but ever since, The engine is making a strange grrr kinda noise, and is more evident during 1-3 gears,and pick-up is also affected. my super smooth bellissimo is behaving like a diesel indica..:( What might be the reason? Although, the car did another 140 kms after that incidence without any issue,still the sound is too much to ignore
    My linea is scheduled for servicing in the next week..what exactly should I look for during it? (4th service/3yrs)..please help