1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Small rattles will get fixed at TASS. What we can say is that because of poor suspension rattles will not develop in Fiat. There can be some parts which are loose which makes rattles. Maruti cars for example start developing rattles after few years of use. They are originating from the body vibrations and poor suspension.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

Hi Ravi,
    I am facing issue with my punto kat kat sound is coming while turning. Today i went to TASS and they said that Shocker mounting need to be changed and if required shocker also need to be changed. My car is 2.25 yrs old and done 46000 KMS and tas was saying that this part is not covered in warranty.
    Please let me know what i can do to show them that its covered in warranty.

3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Elastic pads or mounts wear out gradually or in most of cases quickly in Linea/punto.In my case the original old design pads lasted me for almost 43000 Kms but the one changed in warranty started making little noise (more than that got rusted) after 17000 Kms.I bought new design mounting from Kava Motors @ 2500 per set and got them fixed outside.If u install new pads dont forget caps to prevent rusting (main cause them getting bad).

Suspension is fully covered in warranty and extended warranty only up to 35000 Kms. No manufacturer gives u this much warranty on suspension except fiat and that is commendable.

You have pay for it.
    2 people like this.
  4. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Finally got the rattling noise from front left door resolved by Aadya workshop, bangalore. The manager there Ranganath was great, and the mechanic Ali finally resolved the issue. The root cause of the issue was two small ends of metal sheet towards the upper front portion of the door.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @raj, thats great to know! Yeah, Ranganath is really helpful. Can you describe what exactly was done to fix the issue?
  6. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

thanks for the info man... how I can identify if TASS is giving me the newly designed pads or the legacy design pads???
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi -

Even my Punto is 2.5yrs old and facing the same elastic pads issue.
    Had been to TASS today and same response frm SA, warranty only for 2years.
    Please let me knw if any one got this covered under warranty on 2+years Punto/Linea.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

I got the elastic pads changed for my punto today. Parts not covered under warranty after 35000KMS :(
    Details:
    Went to Tuli motors Delhi. I like the way of working there. Committed to time, expert staff, proper management and very less number of taxi owners :):).
    I reached there at 9:30AM and got free by 12:30PM.
    Cost of elastic pads: 2530/- * 2
    Cost of cap = 82
    labour = 1200
    alignment charges = 450
    Vat = 316 * 2 + 21
    service tax on labor = 200
    total = 7732
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    @Nikhil, is the problem resolved? Do you feel if the ride has got better?
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi all-

Even my Punto is due for elastic pads replacement. Conformed with Adit as this is covered under warranty with in 2yrs/20k kms.
    Recently Epicenter had brought the pads frm Kava automobiles for Rs. 1200/- compared to Rs. 2500+tax in TASS.
    So planning to get the pads frm Kava and get it fixed outside.

Members plz suggest any good/known mechanic to have this work done.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2