1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Manik

Manik

Delhi
    Hello all
    I own a Punto 1.3 MJD 2012..jst 4mnths old ...from last 20 days rattling noise from the left back side gate is coming and is increasing day by day..i went to Techno Auto ,Delhi they only helped in increasing the noise ...experience with techno ws bad...thinking visiting the HIM Motors Patparganj delhi.I hope it can get rectified easily and 1 more thing that stil i dnt get good fuel economy out f d engine ..done approx 4500km..stil giving 10kmpl :(

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Hello all
    I own a Punto 1.3 MJD 2012..jst 4mnths old ...from last 20 days rattling noise from the left back side gate is coming and is increasing day by day..i went to Techno Auto ,Delhi they only helped in increasing the noise ...experience with techno ws bad...thinking visiting the HIM Motors Patparganj delhi.I hope it can get rectified easily and 1 more thing that stil i dnt get good fuel economy out f d engine ..done approx 4500km..stil giving 10kmpl :(
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    So past few days this noise has resurfaced and I was able to check from where it is coming. It is coming from the centre and rear side of the car (and not from the front side). Is it something that I need to worry about right now or I can get it checked during first service (still 3000 kms away)? Any iInputs on this from gurus shall be appreciated
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Which belts?

If you are talking about whistling sound, it has appeared only initially in the 1st year and since then not appeared in last 2 years.

The other sound that I mentioned which is coming right now is "chik, chik, chik..." type (not the whistling noise). It comes randomly. Sometimes it comes while starting up and continues while idling as well as running for sometime.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Any updates from anyone on above query?
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Dont worry if its' from the rear/center' there is no problem..
    I had heard a valid explanation for this noise but dont seem to recollect it now.. will keep you guys posted once i remember it
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    "Chik Chik Chik" noise has not appeared since last one week. :)
  7. Guys, Mine is a Feb 2012 Punto, I am getting rattels from front left door, Left C pliiar and sometimes from the dashboard. The service guys were not able to fix these issues in the first service. I again took the car back to the service station to fix ratteling issues, the service guys spent one whole day but were not able to fix the issue. They are picking the car again on friday 31st to identify and fix the issues. I am not sure if they will be able to get any closer to get this fixed.

These rattels are so very irritating. Is there any one who has got such issues identified and fixed.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well, in my case it was with respect to left door lock alignment. After the body shop guy adjusted the alignment, touchwood the sound disappeared.
  9. if its from C pillar, then check the seat belt socket (from where you pull the belt). Location-Just behind the seat of left side door, i my case it use to come out and i was having rattling noise, but once it is fixed the noise disappeared. sometimes the buckle makes the noise by dashing in the door try to isolate that...
  10. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Hi Prashanth,

May be take it to Aadya motors once ( near to Manyata tech park, hebbal). Talk to Ranganath, the body shop manager. This guy is very sincere and will himself check issues in the car...The mechanic Ali, by name is quite efficient as well......

I had the same issue 2012 model , since the day of delivery on 17th march 2012. Prerana is simply hopeless..... The Aadya guys finaly tried to fix it... 80 percent noise is gone... but still i can hear some rattles...May be i will start ignoring it.....but then how long... such a strong built brand new car giving such issues is not acceptable... I dont think FIAT plant is even aware of such issues customers are facing...