1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. raj@tfi

Thanks lot.

2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

I also Like Punto very Much ...... But Many 2012Punto users complain that Punto haves some Rattling issue from Door ...
    As We Buying car very soon , But This all comments , forced to me Re-Think Decision of Buying Punto!!!
  3. @amar,
    get a 2012 test drive vehicle from FIAT and observe the differences, I had other problems but rattling was never a problem for me (touchwood), everyone have some issues unique its our perception towards the vehicle
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

I Already TD Punto 1.3 and 1.2 but never heard any sound from door but This thread made me confused......I think , I should put condition to SA that if car haves this rattling problem then He should done it at FOC !!
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Varin

Glad to know that you got turbo replaced.
    Could you share what was the issue & signs of turbo conked off?
    Was there any issue of poor performance & low torque but no ecm error?
    Coz I have drppped my 90 to ASS. SA told me they are inviting fiat engineer to check turbo of my 90. Please update so that I can show them your case & prove them my turbo is also in need of replacement. Mine is surging & poor torque below 2000 RPM & whinning noise
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

My problem area was some kind of whistling/winning noise even at low rpm, black smoke when u rev up the car. I got recon turbo in EW as SA told me that in EW recon turbo is provided.
    I never faced any prob in pick up but lag in the lower gears.The TASS guy told me had I delayed any further then the power issues would have come and oil burning would have started.
    Have to still check the performance of the newly fitted turbo.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  8. Black smoke is something which is common if you rev the engine at higher rpms though the quantity of it should be less...isnt it so in diesel engines??
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

My car was emitting high quantity of black smoke more than it should.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

There is no black smoke in my case

also sound is feeble now as others mentioned is normal

varin, after the turbo change do you hear a feeble noise?