1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    So, what is to be done now ? There are hundreds of owners like us with the same issue..Can we not make an effective move together and write to FIAT, rather than proceeding with the issues individually ?

2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ya...i have taken the car to TASS 4-5 times .. the noise goes away for sometime and after sometime it is there....and now there is different kind of noise from same place....why cant we sens a common mail to FIAT....
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Ya that lady at Aadya (CRM) is helping kind..
  4. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Seems like the rattling issue is with every punto. Till now my car was doing good and free from these issues, but lately a strange noise has started coming from the LEFT door. The noise seems to be from inside the door. The scroll of the window glass has also become fast as compared to right door. It makes a THUK sound as if glass hits something at the bottom when fully opened. Function wise no issues. I dont trust these idiot guys at TASS so went to local mechanic , he observed the noise and took a test drive as well, and said its coz of water that might have gone inside as it happens in rainy seasons . (I park my car in open) Just need to do some oiling and greasing so take to service center. He also said "FIAT hai bahar kaam mat karwana kabhi till its in warranty.

Guys plz suggest any idea or suggestion.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The body shop manager's name is Mr. Ranganath (9480839022) and the CRM lady is Ms. Leelavathi (9480839057). You can give my reference quoting 'Red punto'.

Are you also facing sound from front left dooe?

Did u ask them to check the left front door lock alignment? Mine was a misalignment case. Rest everything was perfect. Its hardly a 2 mins job!

Very much helpful ! She ensured that my problem is addressed. She was so hesitant to let it go. At one point, I had given up. BUt she persisted with the body shop people. Much appreciated!

If you feel the noise is from inside. It might be the case of misaligned door lock as it happened to me. Ask any one to be seated in front passenger seat and tel them to open the door and hold it tight. Drive at low speed on bad patch of road and observe whether the noise disapppears.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Guys , I just Read This Thread
    After reading this thread , i gets confused !!! Is New Punto having this problem , then is it worth ??? means when we spending 7+ lakhs on car , we never aspect this issue in NEW car !! Comments Please !!
  7. @amar,
    IMHO, we can never expect a car without any hassle. even a costly car will have some problems it may not be this exact problem but something else. so in a Nutshell, we have to get some compromises done. Normally Punto is a Rattle free car, if we you get one and yet unidentified issue we need to get contended, otherwise you will start hating your own car (even if its an AUDI car). Look for what you want what are you tolerance areas and what not
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

But Is this rattling issue can be sorted out completely or not ???
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  9. first of all PUNTO never rattles, if it rattles then something is loose fitted in there that can be sorted.
  10. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Hey guys,

I got my Punto MJD Emotion 2012 on June 11th and I found the same slight rattle/vibration issue coming from my left front door. This usually happens when the roads are a little uneven and I noticed this on the 3rd day of buying my car, its been about a little less than 2 months now driven about 3900kms but I don't face this issue every time, it comes and goes as it wishes but every time it comes back its so annoying not because I have paid 8 odd lakhs but I really love the car and its like a baby to me and i am seriously worried though its a minor problem.

I have sort of noticed that this issue is usually with the 2012 Puntos (IMO).

I got the car from Concorde Motors Bangalore opp to Christ college, I usually contact Dasharath for any doubts or concerns but I also want to know if anybody have been to Concorde motors to address this issue and has there been a sensible answer to this solution.....I would probably be visiting them during my first service which is in about 1000 odd kms or probably a month, I wish to connect with someone whose got this issue fixed with Concorde Motors.