1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    INR.48000 :shocked
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Where are you hearing this sound from?
    Is it from under the bonnet exclusively or is it from the center of the car (or towards the rear of the car) ?
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    From what I talked with some other TJet owners, they say it is normal. But I will get it checked during the service which is about atleast another couple of months away.

Just after starting the car I hear it if I am standing near the driver door. It sounds like "veeeeeeeeeeeeee" - a typical high pitch noise. It is very feebly audible inside the car with all windows up. I have not checked if it is from under the bonner, will check it tomorrow and see
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

I too get similar noise and mostly it bearing sound. It depends at what rpm you getting the noise.One way to check is compare the noise with any other t jet preferably new and also observe if car emitting any black smoke at higher RPM.In my case it was noise, black smoke.The guy opened the turbo and fond play in it and bearing are going bad.If left unchecked the engine oil will start burning( blue smoke) and decreased pick up.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I checked again today and I could not hear the whisteling noise. Not sure why it had appeared

Are you referring to bearings in the turbo or bearings in the wheel?
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Is it something like this?....

7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Its a whisteling sound, more like a high pitch 'veeeeeeeeee'

in your case, are you refering to sound made by crickets?

I am not sure if it was due to insects, the noise came after I had not usedthe car for more than 2 days - not even started it. It remained for a couple of days and then vanished.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    its turbo bearing.
  9. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Hi punto_emotion,

Could you let me know the name of the manager at Aadya. I need to fix the same issue during the first service ?

10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the horrid noise is still ther now even louder and of different kind.......