1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Some squeaks have silently started to appear in my GP from the top near to the interior lights when driving over rough unfinished roads. I have heard these in brand new Innova and Altis so I cant complain. ::V
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Front suspension Studs mounts are bound to get rusted... I recently got both replaced which got rid of the noise from the front during bumps and turnings...

ITs a known issue is what they state and they replace it FOC without any worries...
  3. deepakmittal

deepakmittal

Noida
    Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

Hi Andy,

I am facing the same problem in my rear left and front suspension.Could it be possible for you to post some pics of changed part so that i can refer the same to delear here in Noida. I talked to them but they could not understand.

--Deepak
  4. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

I have done just a little below 10 K till date, but the past 300 kms has been amazing. The car zips across and feels like its eager to take off.. I have never had such pick-up earlier. The 3rd gear acceleration has improved drastically in this past 1 month.

Maybe a change in my driving style??

Vroom
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Well Deepak unfortunately i dont have the pic for the parts replaced but i can tell you what was replaced.. Inform them to check the Front suspension stud mountings which gets rusted... Its a known issue and if its a Genuine dealer he would very well know what you mean by stud mountings as they normally replace it quite often on the linea and puntos...
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hey Naveen this is good news... Good to know that you are njoying you Limited Edition baby...
  7. amolmane

amolmane Guest

noise from engine compartment

I own multijet punto

When I start the engine at morning,hissing noise comes near power steering pump.

when engine reaches at operating temp.this hissing noise comes down & noise becomes audible from driver seat .

This noise is noticable especially at engine idle.Noise is only audible at concentration

I observed following characteristics of this noise

1) noise stops slowly when engine is turned off

2) noise does not off as soon as the engine turn off

3) Noise disappears slowly gradually like Vaccum leak. like pressure cooker

Iam facing problem of lack of strong turbo boost So following possibiities may be

1) one or more Valves may not close completely So there may be compression leakege
    2) Vaccum of break booster may be leak.because there is feeling of low vaccum in break booster

please help
  8. Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

I have the same problem with my front-right suspension, although TASS replaced the suspension and link rod there is no respite yet, need to ask TASS guys to replace stud mounting.

thanks for posting , this problem is bothering me from long time.

-Sat
  9. Re: Noise Problem from the front suspension

Folks,

I had been to TASS yesterday to get the noise from front suspension attended,TASS changed the strut but there was no respite from the sound then they lubricated/greased front suspension mounting,still noise continued .
    Gopal (TASS service adviser) requested me for the car to be left for whole day, i accepted it, got a call by 5 Pm saying everything ready.

Gopal told me he did lubricate front ARM too, which resolved the issue,there is no noise at all, and car feels good to drive.

hats-off to TASS mysore road they did a good job.

Regards
    -Sat
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida

I was having same problem on my linea also. but got it fixed in its second service.