1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Punto 1.2 Integrated audio system and alloy wheels

@Arun- Never go for a Sony car audio product.
    If you only want to change the rear speakers then go for 6.5 inch co-axials at the back. Hertz or Rockford Fosgate give wonderful output with stock Head Unit.

TFI member Karan_Sharma has gone for Rockford Fosgate co-axials at the back and the output is very good (for a guy like me and him).
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

^^^ and quite affordable too ....
    I m driving with Sony ... aND ITS AVERAGE ....
  3. Bonnie

Bonnie

Re: suffering From Idiot Biker Syndrome, Linea Smashed

Well i did do a end to end comparison and decided to buy Linea...as of now im testing my patience waiting for the spares to arrive for my baby
  4. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Re: Cleaning Engine bay

Hi All... wanted to share an experience as topic is on keeping engine bay clean and wash process, I own GP MTJ Emotion PK, used it for like 16months covered 36000kms, i always used to get the car wash done once in two weeks apart from the daily cleaning by the watchman at home at a known service station. Car neat and clean serves the purpose, But thats not all... here situation gets dirty....!!

One day as usuall got car washed and i find the stearing controls aint working and also USB not detected also Bluetooth non funtional, called the Service center have good contacts... Ma service tech suggested to reset the battery terminals... wolla!! starts working.....

Now another instance same service station car washed again same issue... tried resetting terminals no luck.....
    took car to Service center for service and also checked issue, and i hear the Blue & Me has failed...!!!!!! :sad1 :shocked
    well as car is covered in Warranty got it replaced but took over a month!!! :uh
    as to my suprise part was actually shipped from Italy ::OO

So folks please make sure when getting car washed please avoid water spray on the front grill on the radiator and ac condenser, and inside engine bay, instead use Steam wash... not direct water spray....

Now i have another ISSUE goin on... and this time AIR BAG FAILURE in the Display Intermittent, result of Water sprayed from the frong the sensors are creating a problem and showing error..... :A again got to get them replaced.... Becareful on keeping your engine Bay clean... as may result in problems and sure gonna be irritating :cry:

Cheers... Happy cleaning with precautions!!! :cool:
    1 person likes this.
  5. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai

Agreed on Sony product.. I also don't buy any Sony ::O . At home I have Onkyo with Elac towers (150W) although wanted to go for denon ::V . :eek:fftopic I am not a audiophile but like it when music reproduction is good. Typically I don't like mp3, it misses lot of details. Wav or FLAC are better.

Now coming back to the rear speakers as per your suggestion, I guess Hertz or Rockford should not be mounted inside the door but a separate provision has to be made at the rear. Am I correct?

Thanks,
    Arun
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Wouldnt it be better if u mount them in the door rather than on the rear parcel shelf ,,, which later sags due to the extra weight ....
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Punto 1.2 Integrated audio system and alloy wheels

Arun - Recommend the Hertz, haven't heard RF's. Do get them on to rear doors and not on the parcel tray. Look into shallow sub which can occupy less boot space and a amp a later date. Why don't you join us for the next meet which is April 16th or 17th I believe. You could get to audition number of systems before choosing one.

Are you a member of Hifivision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai

Yes Tecky I am also a member of hifivision, with the same ID. Looks like you also found me there :)
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai

Oh, I'm a long termer there but don't login these days due to crave on car audio. I'm yet to start my stereo and HT set-up. My ID is the same as well.

So how about joining us for the next meet.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hey Arun, if you intend to install 5.25" or 6.5" speakers, then rear doors are the best place to install them as rear parcle tray kind of starts sagging down as mentioned by Dilip above. Moreover it does not give a neat impression when you open the boot (purely my subjective opinion).

On the other hand, installing good speakers that produce decent bass require door damping for best results. With Rear parcel tray speakers, one does not need such damping.

Also, you can install those 6x9 oval speakers in the rear parcel tray which you can't in the doors. The benefit of oval speakers is that no circular co-axial can ever match the bass reproduced from 3-way oval co-axials mounted on the rear parcel tray. I don't know if stock HU is good enough to power those speakers or not.