1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Re: Punto 90HP - Query

For 75 HP you should ask some other member.
    I have driven 75 HP only 3-4 times and as it was not my car, I didn't push it much.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I agree with you Abdul

But there is big differance between to know the product and to dignose the problem.

V2 owner can't inspect Multijet car properly.
    Because when v2 owner will take TD,he will definatly "feel " better performance
    than his V2 though there is some complicated problem in MJD.

IMO daily user of Multijet will recognise problem with more alertness and accuracy.
    I hope you will understand why I have used word "feel" in above sentence.

At least Mr.Anaz should own any Turbo car to check Turbocharged MJD
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

@Bhai- In that case they need to give a Punto/Linea to every TATA-FIAT mechanic during appointment. lol. :lol:

Yes, there is a turbo lag. The FGT variant is not meant to enjoy pedal to the metal IMO.

90hp VGT has lesser "feel" of turbo lag as compared to 75hp FGT as turbo starts coming into action at 1200-1300rpm and is at its peak at 2000rpm above which it will give full boost. I have driven it once and I am a complete fan of 90Hp since that day.

I strongly believe that FIAT Grande Punto 1.3MJD FGT 75Hp is a car meant to be driven in the city and highways normally.

If you are power hungry/thirsty and speed and acceleration is the thing you live for, either i20 CRDi or a Swift is for you. i20 CRDi is strongly recommended for power hungry people. ::T
  4. HarishSegar

Re: A/C not working- Tjet Plus

New problem. The turbo seems to be dead. Normally i can hear the turbo whine and also the surge starts at < 2k rpm.
    Since yesterday, i have a rattling noise in engine compartment and there is no turbo boost. I think the turbo is hanging on loose bolts.

Will have it checked up.

I am really getting irritated with the car now. Its barely done 4k and this is going to be the fourth visit to a service center.

Rather than enjoying the car, i am spending time trying to resolve problems. Pathetic.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Re: suffering From Idiot Biker Syndrome, Linea Smashed

Specific damage when hit by a bike tends to be more as the impact is concentrated on a small area and the forks of the bike can pierce deep like a spear.
    Blaming material quality is unnecessary :irked
  6. eyeguy

Hey Harish,

Where r u located in Mumbai?
    I had a very bad experience @ Wasan Kandivli
    Finally went to Om Sai Motors,Charkop. Very good service.

My jet has done 2k so far and I have a number of glitches.
    Luckily most of them are minor but I can feel your pain,bro!
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

u sure having some trouble with the turbo is guess...check it asap before a bigger damage occurs...
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Man take it to TASS ASAP.... dont wait for further damage....
    There sure is some issue with turbo..... Do you also have rat menace where you park??

Check the car for leaks as well....
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

ooh this is turning out to be a big issue now. might be the turbo blades are damaged and hence the rattling noise.
  10. arun_chak

Re: Punto 1.2 Integrated audio system and alloy wheels

Thanks PaddleShifter and Grandeur,

As suggested then I will wait for my tires to wear off. But for that I guess would have to wait for a long time :( ... Reg. music system, I don't want to spare my boot for a sub. Rather I would prefer good cone speakers(a full range speaker) which can handle bass well. I was thinking if I can replace my rears alone with some good cone speakers like the one here http://www.sony.lv/product/ics-f-series ... xs-f1337se