1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: suffering From Idiot Biker Syndrome, Linea Smashed

One reason could be that the bike hit directly to the grill, which is perforated and not as strong in build as rest of body parts, thus the force of impact broke it furthermore, the intercooles lies just behind it, so it took the rest of the force and could have been potentially damaged. But in general the overall built of Linea is rock solid :)
  2. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Most cars including Fiat are required by law to get smashed up to absorb impacts to protect the person who has ran into you or visa versa. Imagine if the biker hit a car like a Sumo with a bull guard. He would be dead on the spot!
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I don't understand how can someone who owns cars like Getz (Hyundai) or Civic (Honda) even make such comments. :shocked

I hope you go and compare Linea with a Honda City. Open the boot, door and bonnet of each one by one and compare yourself.

Body metal of Maruti? I better not comment on their aluminium foil bodies. :punch
  4. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal

post pictures of the impact on your car :helmet
    which bike was that and what happened to the driver

i think he would have rolled over your car and had injuries
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Fiat will design the car with highest priority for the safety of the passenger and pedestrians. So we cannot expect the car to absorb all the shock and pass it to the passenger cabin to protect the radiator , engine etc. Fiat cars are solid doesn't mean that it will not get damaged in any collision. Some time it has to sacrifice the body for passengers safety. Otherwise Ambassador will be the safest car on Indian roads. A bike at 50-60(it could be even 80 also. How one can judge the bikes speed?)is not a joke and it is going to give the impulse on a small area. If it were a maruti 800 the damage might have been less due to collission force getting distributed over a larger area. It is also possible that the area where the bike hit might have designed to absorb the shock. So with one incidents we cannot twist the facts. We have many incidents reported were very little damage has been happened to Fiat cars.
  6. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Punto 1.2 Integrated audio system and alloy wheels

Hello team,

There are two things which I would need suggestion on for my punto 1.2

1. The integrated music system in the car is not that powerful. The music reproduction is quite average. I want to upgrade. I feel changing the rear speaker to more powerful one could do the magic. What are the things I should consider?

2. What is the best alloy wheel for this car. One I see here http://www.fiat-india.com/accessories-i ... --copy.gif is around 10k and it is 15" but the wheels are R14.

Thanks,
    Arun
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

i think its the design which causes such damage. the front has no metal up front till the bonnet and it is too deep. whereas say your getz has bonnet sloping forward. and yes the grills are definitely not of the best quality. the bumper though seems pretty tough
  8. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Re: Punto 1.2 Integrated audio system and alloy wheels

Hey Arun,

If you are specifically looking for 14" alloys than go through the entire thread here at: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=159 and check out the In Car Entertainment section: viewforum.php?f=13

All the best!
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

^^^^^ the reason for this is a pedestrian friendly design .. During a collison with a pedestrain , he/she would receive minimum injuries ,,
    This is one of the criterias to get ncap ratings ...

Dlp_dmk
  10. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Re: Punto 1.2 Integrated audio system and alloy wheels

Thanks Grandeur,

But what is your recommendation? I am getting bit confused on reading the entire thread on alloy wheels back to back. Also pls tell the price.