1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Emotion Pack Front Left Door & locking facility

@Bhai- Dynamic has it because there is no remote locking in Dynamic. Emergency or no emergency, if there is remote locking, physical lock on passenger side is "strictly optional".

Yaar, please list one single emergency where a physical lock on co-passenger side will be of benefit in a car with remote locking?
  2. Re: Emotion Pack Front Left Door & locking facility

In emergency, need to open the door, Not to Lock.

I don't think one can build the product with all the features & facility of other competitors. No-Way. :confused so don't accept all in one.

Each product have there own features set, one have more or less, that's why we compare the products and select as per our needs.

All the best.
  3. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Re: Query about suspension.....

Its just a normal thud sound and ive come to know that its normal i dont have a sound like u said...
  4. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Re: Punto 90HP - Query

7 months older car is something to be noticed but it shud not make a huge difference if the car is not used.To be 100% happy with the car U shud have been careful in checking the manufacturing date of the car before delivery.My PUNTO 90 HP was delivered on 10th march 2011 and the manufacturing date of the car was FEBRUARY 2011 verified through chassis number [MCA...............................BMZ was my chassis number.BMZ indicated FEBRUARY 2011 manufacturing].
  5. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Hi Vijay,
    Thanks for the info. When I took t he delivery of the car, the ODO read 0 and there was no H sign :(....so probably the showroom guys would have reset it to 0...[/quote:1wsxgo7r]

In PUNTO 90HP Odo cannot be reset to 0.Initially there is an H mark in the Odo till 200 kms and then after 200 kms only the H mark disappears and the odo will not be reset.
  6. Bonnie

Bonnie

Re: Cleaning Engine bay

Guys Fiat Linea comes with a Anti Rust treatment done on the entire underbody including the protection plate, maybe its the same with Punto also,
    so no need to waste money on it,, secondly the engine bay treatment tends to harden n chip all plastic parts and reduce the pressure handling capacity of all hoses, third the chemical which is used constantly releases a vapour gas not good for us as it will get in the cabin via the airducts.
    if you want a sparkling engine just keep it blow dried and wash once a month and use a spray bottle to mildly spray diluted silicon on the hose and other non metal parts, next time just wipe with any cloth and the shine is back. have been doin it for years on my Getz , Civic and now Linea. save the money for more fuel more rides more fun, cheers!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Bonnie, You rightly mentioned that our car comes with Anti Rust treatment done. But it won't last long or for ever. I didn't got the Anti rust coating done while taking the new car but now after driven 45,000 Km the new coating was required. Look at the picture below, how the original coating has started pealing off.

And after 3M coating
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  8. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai

How much did you pay for the 3M coating Grandeur, In mulund we have Car Parlour which provides car detailing services at a very good rates. The Engine lacquer is Rs1500 and Antirust coating is around 2500 - he only uses 3M products. For more info go to the following link which I had put up in Team-bhp

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/83 ... umbai.html
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Query about suspension.....

Thud sound is normal.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

How many km you clocked on your 90 HP ?

On internet two types of reviews are there about turbo boost of 90 HP

Some people says Turbo of 90 HP wakes up early 1200 RPM. So great drivability is there. :wow

Some people says there is turbo lag in 90 HP.In 90 HP Strong Turbo boost starts from 2000 RPM. :thumbs down
    Please clarify . I thinking to buy 90 HP