1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Re: A/C not working- Tjet Plus

@Harish, I too is getting whisling sound since long time but ignored as it was at low speed. But from Friday one new issue. I have put this question under technical problems category please read it. Not sure if your car is also getting the same issue.
  2. kotakommala

kotakommala

Incorrect details in temperory registration form.

Hi Experts,

Need your advice..I recently bought Punto 90 HP BNW. In the TR form, i found below discrepancies.

Body type-Sedan (Should be hatchback)
    Horse Power-58(Should be 90 hp)
    Tyres-170 (Should be 195).

When I asked the executive, he said, those details are defaulted from the RTA server and they dont have any control. And he asked me to proceed for the permanent registration with the same details.

Could you please advice whether it is correct or not..what is the best course of action that I should do now.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Ravi.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Re: Incorrect details in temperory registration form.

make sure that all the information about your car are as per actuals... Dont take any bullshit for these matters..
    Call Fiat helpline (the number is on their website) for clarifications.

Ask them exactly what you have written in your initial post.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Re: About the " Catalized Silencer"

No no .

Its a silly thing to trap the soot from your diesel engine's exhaust, so that u have cleaner exhaust from your tailpipe.

Im keen on gathering the experience from multijet owners who have had to get this filter cleaned when it got clogged up.
    Especially from multijet owners who have clocked 20,000 to 30,000 kms++.

Gurjinder.
  5. MURTHY

MURTHY

Bangalore
    Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

Yes, got it thanks.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: I'm worried plzz help ! (Undercarrige stone hit query)

Bala, LOL, we all are equally concerned about the servicing woos continues with your car. And nobody is defending Fiat.

But I said, in context of, protection below the cars, the Fiat does have best protection, we shouldn't ignore this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Re: How to make out a BS III engine from a BS IV engine

I got a message from Fiat saying they had reported my complaint to Tata Motors. But till now there was no response from Tata Motors dealer. I am attaching both the copy of the form 22 that I had recieved from the dealer along with the vehicle. Can any one tell me whether they have received the same content in their form 22. Is there any thing mentioned about the new emission norm of 2010? I do not under stand what is causing Tata Motors to write a two line reply to me?. Ultimately they are doing the servicing and they should know whether the vehicle is BS III or BS IV.

form22.jpg

form221.jpg
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Sungoa- Can there be a possibility that the first Form-22 you have uploaded mentions BS-III norms in relation to the rules mentioned in that form (See the pic below that I have attached) rather than specifying the emission norms fulfilled by the car????
    The form-22 posted first does not talk about emission norms fulfilled by the car. It does not say whether your car is BS-III or BS-IV.

It just says that your car complies with rules 47(g), 115(2), 115(6), 115(7), 115(10), 115(11), 115(14)(A) (BS-III), 124(2), 126A, 127(1) and 96 w.e.f. 01/04/2007.
    115(14)(A) (BS-III) must be concerned with BS-III norms. So they wrote BS-III along with that rule.

Even the rules mentioned in the two form differ.
    The second form talks about rules 47(9), 115(6), 115(7), 124, 126A and 127. Only 3 rules are same while the rest of them are different.

The form-22 posted later by you specifically talks about your Punto being a BS-IV compliant vehicle.
    It says that "Certified that FIAT Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion BS-IV bearing chassis number and engine no. so and so... I believe that this confirms that Punto having that specific chassis, VIN and engine number (your car) is BS-IV.

[attachment=0:32qz6qv0]form221.jpg[/attachment:32qz6qv0]

What I think is that the first form talks about the older rules that were concerned with BS-III while the other form mentions rules wrt to BS-IV norms set by the Govt. :confused

form221.jpg
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

@PaddleShifter : Thanks for the reply. I think your point is correct. I just searched google image for form 22 and got a image of form 22 of a 2010 March Figo 1.4 and delivered in May(since he has not erased the chasis no and Engine no, I am not including the link here)In the form it was mentioned that vehicle satisfy BS III and BS IV norms. Fiat must have given separate form for BS III and BS IV. In Figo's form 22 also there is no specific reference to 2010/4 rule. Mine is also similar case. March 2010 make and October 2010 delivery. I think now I can relief. Thanks again.
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Cleaning Engine bay

I got my engine bay sprayed with 3M solution for Engine Bay... It looks amazing and brand new anytime I open the bonnet...actually all hoses, Plastics look amazingly fresh and even the Engine top cover which is made of plastic.
    Some of the folks who took part in Delhi Meet saw it... Dust repellent properties, Highly recommended, i got mine free with underbody anti rust coating (Waste of money on Anti Rust)