1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Re: I'm worried plzz help !

Bala, I understand your situation. Yesterday there was a free camp at the TASS here and I took my car for a checkup. They went through their standard checklist and listed out 3-4 minor issues including brake pad replacement and a few others. While watching them go through other vehicles that came there, I realized that they are capable of attending to regular and routine problems, anything out of ordinary, is going to be a challenge to them. Unless you get a really good technician, the car is going to be in a mess. From what I hear, good technicians are hard to find and they have high attrition rate. So most of the workshops get staffed with nincompoops. :mad:
    But I guess that is the case with most manufacturers and not just limited to Tata-Fiat. ::pP
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    About the " Catalized Silencer"

Hi

Has any multijet owner found issues of blockage in the filter kind of thing just after the turbo in the multijet diesels? Symptoms would be sluggish acceleration.
    What are the service directions in the manual for its periodical cleaning/ maintenance?

Marked the part with an arrow in the pic. Or the maroon colored round box in the second pic.

It seems pretty similar to a DPF. Diesel Particulate Filter.
    In the FIAT eper the part is titled as " Silencer Catalized"

There is a similar filter in the older Palio Diesel ( 1900 cc) . The mechanic hammered the filtering stuff out of it wen it got clogged in our Palio D. ( At around 1 lakh km's)

Gurjinder.

FIAT.JPG

3653270803_697b414c5c.jpg
  3. MURTHY

MURTHY

Bangalore
    Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

Next to the AcB in my TJet, there is a "1/100". What's that supposed to mean ?? For Example : AcB 10.9 and then next to it 1/100. Does that mean that for every 100km it consumes 10.9 litres? I'm confused.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Murthy- Yes, it is litres/100Km (l/100km). You can change it to km/l from MyCar settings under "units" settings.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: About the " Catalized Silencer"

Bhai saab can comment on this. Quite a useful topic for discussions.

Any idea about the function/purpose of this part?
  6. gurjinder

Punjab

It traps the soot in the exhaust gases rather than letting them out of the tailpipe.

However , with time it gets clogged. About cleaning it , there are two known methods.Passive and Active.

Im more interested in the experience of the Indian owners. And the methods recommended by FIAT India.

Gurjinder.
  7. gurjinder

Punjab

No replies...

Drifter mate, post up your experience on this.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

took test drive and its beautiful car. Lovely pik up, excellent response and smooth driving. mileage i don't think in city like Bombay with Summer heat it will exceed 9-9.5 with AC since the car is heavy , higher BHP.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: Cleaning Engine bay

I blow away dust from Condenser,Radiator and Intercooler fins every sunday. They are damn dirty within a week.
    Then wash the engine bay and then dry it using blower. Just make sure you don't spray water directly on electrical joints.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

I guess it is EGR and it's cooler.