1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: Reserve

last i remember the needle points to 5-7 ltr of fuel once the light glows!!!

keeping low fuel regularly is not good for the fuel pump. Avoid.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I think, there is some dead storage in the fuel tank, which cannot be used to prevent air-lock. Once, I was driving my Fiat Linea after I got the warning beep/display of 'low fuel' and switched the MID mode to range and it displayed -------, when it reached the figure of 50 km. Then, I got the tank filled at the nearest petrol pump as I did not want to take any risk.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

For Punto its 7 liters. 3 Liters fuel is not usable to prevent air lock. I always take a turn to filling station whenever I see yellow light on.
  4. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

5. NAREN64

When the yellow light is on there would be a minimum of 10 Liters in the Tank. Once the yellow light glows I go to the Fuel Pump & almost at all times I have filled 30 Liters of Diseal. The Tank capacity in Linea is 40 Liters(If I am correct).
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

should not be 40 liters tank in Linea as Punto has 45 liters tank.
  7. jeevank

Problem with door and handle

Exterior handle of one of my punto's door is not working smoothly. After pulling the handle upwards and releasing it, it is brushing to the edges, and so the paint is also getting spoilt now. Is there anything that can be done to make it smoother?

Also while opening one of the rear doors, a peculiar sound comes (not like other doors which open nicely), which is unlike other three doors. It is sometimes difficult to open doors from inside, i feel as though the lever to open the door will break but the door won't open.

I had complained about the door to one of the mechanic at Balaji (Thane), but he didn't understand how to fix it. I think the handle will also be the same.

Any suggestions, how I can fix these small issues.

8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Problem with door and handle

Looks small issue but better to visit TASC and let them fix this.
  9. Re: Problem with door and handle

Definitely not a DIY thing, or which could be remotely-helped, like in this forum (a video would help..! waoh - next we need video upload facility-mods...) It is more on the fitment front/ panel dimensions etc..
    As Ravi mentioned, it is more on how you convince your SA about the importance of this issue, and moreover how you get the correct SA who would render the best help with the best knowhow.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Re: Problem with door and handle

We've a Video upload facility on forum. Check the header when you post a new post/reply (not thro' quick reply) - there is a button called Youtube
    My Linea also faces this. If you pull the door handle exactly from middle, it won't touch the body on upper side. But if you pull it from any of the side, it touches. Had the spring action been more rigid, this would go away. I brought it to the notice of SA once but never bothered to get it done. All door handles are working perfectly alright - why to mess with it.