1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sandeep8088

I'm worried plzz help ! (Undercarrige stone hit query)

A medium sized stone hit the base of my punto while travelling on a not so good road.I went on the stone and it hit the base of the car.The speed of my car was not speedy it was around 20 kmph.Would this have caused any damage to the base parts? I also heard that punto has some sort of protection at the base.Is it true?.I'm worried.Plz reply... ::pP

MOD NOTE: Avoid using title such as "I'm worried plzz help !" Suggest reading the forum rules ONCE again.
  2. I'm worried plzz help !

Don't worry, nothing would have happened. At the most there would be a bling at the place where the stone hit the car. My Palio is a good example of such things and the underbody though has lot of blings the protective coat is still on.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Re: I'm worried plzz help !

+1 Usually there won't be any reason to worry. I too have hit number of stones and they have created dents on the metal plate beneath the engine, but caused no other damage. Just for your comfort, you can take it to any service center, have the car lifted and under body examined.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

Sandeep, there is a metal sheet (engine guard) below that usually takes up all such hits.

See the pic of Ansal's JET. I've marked the engine guard with white line.
    [attachment=0:212zldo6]IMG_0003 copy.jpg[/attachment:212zldo6]

IMG_0003 copy.jpg
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Even if u have dents on the engine guard , the service guys take it out and hammer it back to original shape ...
    Do get the dents out , if any ... As irregular surface usually hit speed-breakers making noise adding to ur concerns ...

6. Re: I'm worried plzz help !

Sandeep, nothing to worry. The underbody is well protected.
    You may take it to the nearest TASS to inspect the underbody for your satisfaction & peace of mind.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4

I had driven through the madikkeri-kushalnagar route in dec2009, when the entire road was in ploghed condition, and virtually there was no raod. I had heard stones/craters hitting the car's under body/engine guard several times, each time making my heart break.
    In most cases, nothing will happen to the car.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Go to TATA ASS. Remove the engine guard & check the oil pan of engine.
    & other suspension parts also. Since GP has smooth suspension,there are frequently hits to GP.

So to check underbody at regualar intervals is useful.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Nothing to worry,at the most it would have only caused a hole in the fuel tank like it happened with my car and it costs only under 5k for a new tank,but it will take atleast a month for a new tank to arrive at your TASS.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Re: Re: I'm worried plzz help !

Hey @bala, my friend, why not create that ATFI forum (annoyed tfi) as proposed by you somewhere before.

@sandeep- the under body is well protected and you can relax. At best you can have the underbody examined. Most probably there will be just slight scratches.
    But, remember , reckless driving, or reckless drivers should not be allowed in your car!
    Happy driving mate !

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk