1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: How to make out a BS III engine from a BS IV engine

Thanx for info.
    Then why my dealer do not select the option of BS-3/BS-4 while scanning the ECU of my car. :confused
    He directly selects FIAT then PUNTO LA & after that Magnetti-Marrelli 1.3 MJD Injection System. Then he clicks "CONTINUE" . After that home page of scanning comes.

I attached ECU scanner for about 15 times in the 16 month ownership.
    Nobody might have not connected examiner to his car for such no.of times ::D

In ECU Examiner I did not find seperate option for BS-3 OR BS-4 cars.

& most important on my qtr.glass FIAT had mentioned BS-IV.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Re: Recommended petrol grade

Hi Vijay...Any idea why they are recommending normal fuel for MJD .?? Is it only for fiat cars or fiat engines .?? For normal CRDI engines, I have not heard such recommendations. For Multijet the injection pressure is too high. Could it be the reason .?
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

One doenst need to select any option like BSIII or BSIV, both have different versions specific to there settings.
    When one goes for AC upgrade (in petrol versions) the upgrade to ECU is done based on the ECU software version and BSIII and BSIV have different update versions:)
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I think you are not getting what Iam saying.

If you want to make general ECU scan,then you have to give input about car. Means BS-3 & BS-4.

& if there is no any option about BS-3 OR BS-4 ,then how ECU examiner will know that which car he is scanning?

Please clear the doubt.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

@bhai: when i say version difference, this doesnt mean that they have completely two different softwares running. Both BSIII and BSIV uses same software but different setting values, thus carry different version numbers. Hence when you connect the car, you dont have to select BS versions, all you got to do is select the car model and engine type, give your engine and chasis numbers, on successful verifications it starts the examiner and reads data from ECU :)

Also note the examier software also gets upgraded time to time for all this kind of ECU upgrades and details.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Cinju almost all CRDi cars manual advices not to use premium fuel.
    Don't know the reason behind this but most probably something to do with injectors and fuel rail system.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Thanx. It means Primary key is Chasis No. ? Am I got it ?

Last doubt :- Then How FIAT had mentioned 1248 CC MJD BS IV on sticker pasted on side qtr. glass? :confused
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Premium fuel contains differant types of additives. These additives creates gum deposits in precise holes of CRDi injectors. that' why manufacturer prohibits the use of premium fuel
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

I had called the service center person who had attended my ECU upgradation. Explained the problem gave all vehicle details. Then I told him that I will be calling him half an hour later. When Called phone was ringing he is not picking up. Called at least 10 times. Some time it was busy. Then send a SMS asking him to send the reply. No response. Height of irresponsibility. This kind of service(from TATA) is causing Fiat bad reputation. Then I called Fiat customer care and explained the issue. They told that they will mail me back.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

I need a help. If you have a copy of form 22 of your BS IV vehicle(purchased after April 2010), Please let me know whether date of new emission norm ,April 2010, is mentioned in it. I need it to compare with my form where that particular information is missing.
    Thanks in advance