1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: Recommended petrol grade

Normal petrol all over the country is RON 91.
    BS III and BS IV fuels both are 91 RON.
    BS II RON was lower than 91 but now we get BS IV fuel in metros and BS III in all other areas.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Thanks. Is there any problem in using petrol with additives like Power from HP?. Manual says RON >91. Is there any performance increase if we use RON97(speed 97)?
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Premium usage is not restricted by Fiat in petrol engines you can use them. You can try using premium fuel and see if there is any difference b/w two fuels.
    Mine is a diesel so I don't use premium as Fiat recommends normal fuel only without additives for MJD.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Re: How to make out a BS III engine from a BS IV engine

Thanks Viny. I have a query. Is there any thing mentioned about the latest emission norm (ie 2010) in your Form 22?
    Mine is a March 2010 model, lying on the boundary between BSIII and BS IV domain. May be I will directly write to company for clarification. I had asked the sales person and she told it is a BS IV vehicle.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Sungoa 2010: 99% its BSIII, BSIV came in effect from April,2010 and at that time too many dealers has BSIII cars in stock and they have pushed out.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Thanks Viny. But in the form 22(see above) it is mentioned as BS iV and also in my service manual and Tax invoice.
    So if it is BS III then it is illegal. The dealer(or company ) should not do that. Since I have opt for a BS IV version I should not be given a BS III version. I will write a letter to Fiat and update this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Try to figure it out by checking the ECU software versions, ask the service adviser to verify it before approaching the company.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Your car may be BS-IV ready not BS-IV Compliant.

There is differance between BS-IV Ready & BS-IV Complient.

See the qtr.glass of your GP. FIAT have mentioned 1.3 MJD BS-IV

So it should be BS-IV Compliant. Even on my qtr.glass FIAT had mentioned BS-IV.

& As per my info,all GP & Linea are BS-IV complaint. Because there is no any differance in ECU firmaware of FIAT Cars.

I did not find seperate ECU firmware for BS-3 & BS-3 car in ECU examiner.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Please ignore the 1st & 2nd line of my above post. I wrote by mistake.
    Couldn't edit due to time limit of edit function. :A
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

@bhai: There software version (or say firmware version) for BS3 and BS4 are different. Both the cars have different settings for fuel injectors. And BSIV cars have different Injection control unit assembly.