1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

Guys, One of these days FE indicator was showing and AVG of 12 and then 11.5 (during one of the fills. I use TRIP Data B for every time calculation). One of the days when FE was shown 12 etc I was stuck in traffic Jam at Vashi for 30 minutes! (Navi Mumbai folks don't get surprised as this is not common in our area). When I filled in the tank, I calculated the actual FE and it was 9!!! I had this issue and also showed it to FIAT folks during first service but Service guy told me that there is nothing wrong. So while I trust the data provided by you guys on better FE, I am assuming that it is not based on the indicator and is using tank full method. Again please don't get me wrong.

Generally I get FE of around 10-10.5 KMPL and i am happy as my driving is I don;t change gears unless RPM reaches to 2500+ and sometimes over 3000 (especially in 2nd gear). I tried suggestions given by others to keep RPM in the range of 1500-2000 but then I am addicted to that turbo kick at 2100-2000 RPM. :)
  2. Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

In Chennai b2b traffic, i used to get 10 to 11 during the initial days and these days its something between 11 to 12 kmpl.

[attachment=1:1r3kausp]DSC01030.JPG[/attachment:1r3kausp]

[attachment=0:1r3kausp]DSC01065.JPG[/attachment:1r3kausp]

DSC01030.JPG

DSC01065.JPG
  3. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Re: FIAT PUNTO 90 HP...plz clarify some doubts..

Thank u for the reply..:)
  4. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Okay will follow this..thnx for the reply....:)
  5. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Thanks guys for all the replies...Team Fiat Rocks:)
  6. Zandra14

Zandra14

Re: How to lock left front side door

Fingerprint Door Lock Reader is a form of biometric access control that uses fingerprint sensor-based matching mechanisms. The technology is superior than traditional systems based access card. You do not risk losing your cards, and the risk of intruders access is also significantly reduced. In addition, eliminates the hassle of having to rely on a map, keys or having to remember passwords.

emergency locksmith Denver
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: How to lock left front side door

^^^^^ bt the cases of , failure os sensors are more ,,, sensors accumulate dust , reducing their scanning ability ,, eventually leadin to failure ,, locking u outside the car ..

The best locking I have found is in cruze ,,, wherein u just need to have the key in the pocket ,,, place your thumb on the touch sensor [ nt finger print ] pull d door handle twice to open the lock ,,, again place ur finger on the sensor to lock it [or it auto-locks as u move away frm the car along with the key ] ....

Dlp_dmk
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Recommended petrol grade

I have a doubt regarding the oil for my Punto 1.4. Punto manual says " Use only unleaded petrol.The petrol octane rating (RON) must not be lower then 91". Does the normal unleaded petrol has RON -91. I usually use normal petrol from IOC. Some times HP Power or Normal petrol from BP. When I checked the website of BP,IOC and HP nowhere they have mentioned the RON value(except speed 97 which is obvious from its name).
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How to make out a BS III engine from a BS IV engine

Is there any way to find out whether the engine is BSIII or BS IV? The problem is that VIN is showing that the engine is Euro IV but how do we make sure that the ECU mapping is done for BSIV norm?. In my case (March 2010 make and baught in October 2010) sales certificate says BSIV. But Form 22 doesn't mentioned anything about BS IV norm.For my surprise they gave me two form 22.

(A)In one form(22) it is mentioned as "certified that Fiat Grande Punto car bearing chassis No.......... complied with the provision s of the Motor vehicle act , 1989, and the rules made under CMV (amendment) rules 2004 VIDE GSR 111(E), DT. 10-02-2004, w.e.f. 01-10-2004 and GSR 589 (E) , DT.16-09-2005, w.e.f 01-04-2006 and additional compliance to S.O. 1431(E) w.e.f 01/04/08." No where it is mentioned about BS IV or the date April 2010(BS IV implementation).

(B)In the other form (22) it is mentioned as certified that Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Fire Emotion BS iV bearing chassis No .......... complied with the provision s of the Motor vehicle act , 1989, and the rules made under CMV (amendment) rules 2004 VIDE GSR 111(E), DT. 10-02-2004, w.e.f. 01-10-2004 and GSR 589 (E) , DT.16-09-2005, w.e.f 01-04-2006.

My doubt is
    1. Why they give two Form 22.
    2.Why the New emission norm is not mentioned in second form(B)? When I bought the vehicle, I had the same doubt and then after lot of queries finally came to know that my VIN number is that of Euro IV.
    3. If it is a BS III mapped vehicle then will there be any problem if I use BS IV fuel?

The form 22 has been handed over to me by the dealer for registration and I kept a copy with me(luckily). If I had asked the dealer to do the registration for me the entire thing would have gone unnoticed.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: How to make out a BS III engine from a BS IV engine

ECU software version for BSIII and BSIV are different, you can ask the task to attach the examiner and get ECU software version to verify if its for BSIII or BSIV. Also the Injection control unit assembly is different between Euro III and Euro IV cars