1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: FIAT PUNTO 90 HP...plz clarify some doubts..

Hi Sandeep. Welcome to TFI and congrats.

Shift to next gear close to 2000rpm so that you are at around 1500rpm in the next gear. The best thing is to stay between 1500-2000rpm for the first 1000-2000Kms.
    Do not accelerate suddenly.
  2. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

00 Km/Hr : 1st Gear
    15 Km/Hr : 2nd Gear
    30 Km/Hr : 3rd Gear
    40 Km/Hr : 4th Gear
    50 Km/Hr : 5th Hear

This will give you good efficiency along with smooth drive.

In & out city!!!
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i dont believe in what speeds to change the gears. RPM is the best way.

km is the vague way which maruti implemented as they never felt rpm meter is needed in cars.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

@Anicaution- Is this good for a new car? 5th gear@50kmph may be well below the 1500rpm mark.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Babying the new engine does not sound right.

Drive it normally. Dont redline it yet , but show it some revs. And keep varying the revs.
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet

Always go per engine rule.
    As its capacity is1300 CC so you can drive at 60 - 80 Km/hr Dont cross it.

Have in mind First 0 - 1000 ,1000 - 2000 Km are very important in a car The car may be already set in but automatic set in ,Now its manual i.e Humans drive
    Ok here it goes
    First 500 Kms you must drive at constant speeds dont vary too much.
    Second 500 here is the key here you must not drive @ constant speed you must keep varying the accelerator value.
    next 1000 i.e 1000-2000 try crossing 80 -100 but always gradually speed which gives good acceleration and will make smooth engine head wear and tear less and will also lessens the noise as its getting smoother.

Where ever dont ever try to close the throtle any were 0 -2000 also dont play with revs ,it will damage the piston.

happy driving also drive in your style.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: How to lock left front side door

The Front Left Door can only be locked from inside by the driver or by the Key from Outside, we cannot lock the FLS door when we are getting out, its the safety, we need to remove the key from the ignition to lock the door, or else the driver has to lock the door from inside :wink:
  8. How to lock left front side door

Yes, it's not like in Asian cars where you can set the lever to locked position and close the door to lock the car. It was as you describe in my earlier Palio which didn't have central locking, so I had to always lock the left door manually and then lock the driver's door from outside with the key. I believe this is to prevent yourself from accidentally locking yourself out of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Re: T-Jet mileage-Unimpressed- Impressive figures pg 3 & 4

3 Points I would like to make here:

1.) Drive your T-Jet with ICC on. Iam not sure if you have tried this already but if you haven't try it and see if there is any improvement in your mileage.

2.) Get someone else to drive your car and see the difference in mileage. Choose a route that will be a mix of city and highway and let your friend drive the car for a minimum of 100 to 150 kms to average out the consumption.

3.) Don't go by ARAI figures. I am very interested in knowing how ARAI arrives at the mileage figures. I tried to find this information but their website is silent about it.

It would be safe to assume that ARAI tests mileage in ideal conditions. Unfortunately, we don't live in an ideal world. Specially in India. Forget other things, just bad roads can result in an increase in mileage. Problem is unlike abroad where roads are more or less of the same quality all over the country, in India, road conditions vary drastically from city to city. The same car may give 10kmpl in Mumbai and 8 kmpl in Ghaziabad just due to bad roads. Check ARAI figures for the Fiesta or City and ask owners of these cars for the actual mileage they are getting.
  10. rohitjha